Saturday, July 28, 2012

We've Got Talent

It was a show that had me hooping and hollering and laughing so hard that I had tears streaming down my face. And you know what my favorite part of the traditional Family Reunion Talent Show was? The thought that went into many of the acts. The kids were old enough to put together their own skits and I loved that they performed as cousin groups.

The show started with a bang with Jay and Seth's parody of "I'm Sexy and I Know It."  Their version was called, "I'm Mormon and I Know It."

So very clever.



"Hey look up that scripture!"


Brendan played the piano.  He's a gifted musician.  He also plays the bassoon and the saxophone.


Henry was adorable in his cute act with his dad.


How impressive is Grandma and her 20 push-ups?  That's ten more than she did at the last reunion two years ago.  She's just getting better with age.


The little boys did a skit.  They also did one with the girls.


Natalie and Alyssa performed a dance that they learned from their gymnastics coach.  I know, it's hard to tell who is who from the back.



The big boys did a group skit, too.  I loved it.  It's just so fun to see them working together.  Caleb's the only one that doesn't have a brother of his own and that is probably why I'm so taken by moments like these.  Who needs a brother when you have all of these fabulous cousins, right? :)




Erin played the piano...


...and did a skit with Natalie, too.


Jon showed all the kids exactly why they should keep up with their piano lessons.  Because if you don't, all you'll ever be able to perform is a little bit of Eye of the Tiger.


Then he did his conducting of Brahm's Hungarian Dance.  It'd been about 16 years since I'd seen him do it and our kids had never had the pleasure.  My guffaws had me practically falling out of my chair.


Then came Maureen and Sam's tribute to the 70's.  Will you look that pose from Sam?  A veritable Michael Jackson!


They had us all doing the YMCA.


Little Ian's got some pretty quick footwork.  He and Ansel showed off their dance moves...


...Then all the other cousins joined in.


Grandma and Grandpa taught us the waltz.


And what's this called?  The two-step?


How cute are Sadie and Henry giving it a try?


This gave way to the Bunny Hop, Thriller and lots of other dancing.  Such fun!

On our way out of the church I captured this shot of our "Gluten-free Club."  It's kinda crazy that four members of our family have special dietary needs but it was so very nice for Alyssa to have some company.  I snatched a sliver of their cake and it was delicious!


2 comments:

Jen Childers said...

I too was blown away by what the kids all came up with on their own! It was definitely a memorable night. I only wish our family dance hadn't been so rudely interrupted!

Lucy said...

This was definitely my favorite night. I couldn't believe that they all came up with such entertaining antics on their own. And the air conditioning was nice. I'm not gonna lie...it was a warm week. Glad you liked the cake! I'm no Tara in the kitchen but I can whip up a mean gluten-free Pamela's mix chocolate cake!