Sunday, July 29, 2012

Best Birthday Ever!


I couldn't have dreamed up a better way for Caleb to celebrate his fourteenth birthday and it was a most spectacular way to end our family reunion.

The Helena Brewers provided the perfect party.  The kids got autographs from some of the players while our all-you-can eat burgers and hot dogs were grilling.  The BBQ buffet included chips, potato salad, watermelon and all the fixings.


Shortly after he arrived, Caleb was informed that he would be delivering the game's first pitch.  Just imagine his excitement!  Dad bought him a Brewer's hat for the occasion.


He was a little disappointed that he threw the pitch a bit high, but he loved the honor of throwing it.  Can you find the ball in this photo?


He even tipped his hat to the crowd.  Like he's a big name player thanking them for their support, or something.


We had this whole picnic area, located behind first base, all to ourselves.  His cousins met him with high fives.


All you can drink soda and popcorn and ice cream in a helmet.  Are you kidding me?




Caleb and two cousins also got to go out on the field for a mid-inning promotion.  The boys had to run with these huge tools.  Seth's speedy legs won him the race.


The kids had so much fun together.


Getting to keep the foul balls was exciting.  Having one of them shatter the Johnson's windshield was not.


Just when we thought the surprises where over, the Brewers presented Caleb with this cracked bat from one of the games.





We were positively stuffed but what's a birthday party without a cake?



Seventh inning stretch...Caleb does the dance move that has been dubbed "The Seth."


Only people who really like each other choose to stand this close:




As we walked into the house after such a fun night, Cousin Ansel remarked, "This was the best day of my life."  Yeah, it was that fun.  See what I mean?  Best birthday ever.  What a way to turn fourteen!

Happy Birthday, Caleb!

7 comments:

Camille said...

Wow, that does sound like the best birthday ever. Not sure you'll ever be able to top that. It was so fun to catch up on all of your family reunion posts. It looks like everything turned out great! Aren't cousins the best!

Michelle said...

Happy Birthday, Caleb! Looks like you did indeed enjoy an amazing birthday celebration!! I really enjoyed catching up on all your reunion pictures! Looks like a great time was had by all. (and yes, only a trained eye would be able to tell Natty and Alyssa apart from the back in that one picture) :) And I love the picture of the kids in their birth order... massive dip when you get to Alyssa. Love that tiny little girl :)

Ben and Carrie said...

Just got caught up on your whole Montana trip. Everything looked so fun. Made me want to be a Hatch for a week! Glad you all had such a wonderful time. And what gorgeous scenery you saw! I love watching my kids with their cousins and grandparents too.

Caleb's birthday really does look like the best birthday ever. As a huge baseball fan, I am totally jealous. I would be so nervous to throw out the first pitch, though... but how cool is that? I did give him a hard time yesterday about Ichiro being traded to the Yankees. I told him to just come over to our side (Yank fan)- it's fun. He was disgusted and said he wants to sell all of his Ichiro stuff! We love Caleb!

Chad said...

So awesome! What fun!

Chad said...

So awesome! What fun!

Jen Childers said...

It really was the perfect fun night! I'm so glad that we all got to celebrate Caleb's birthday with him in such a memorable way!

Lucy said...

I loved spending Caleb's birthday with him and even though I don't think I watched a single at-bat or inning, I had so much fun! I love Caleb and his enthusiasm for sport. Watching him have so much fun was one of the highlights of the week for me.