Caleb came home with such a letter last week. It was written to alert parents that a case of Strep throat had been identified in his class. And yes, Caleb was the infected student. I felt a little guilty and a bit germy, but hey, what can you do? Kids just get sick now and then.
Just guess who the contaminated kid was this time…
I’m thinking next week we should be expecting a letter with the following:
This is to notify you that a Caleb has been identified in your student’s room at school. We want to alert you to observe your student closely since medical treatment should be sought immediately if symptoms of contact with Caleb occur. Any form of contact with this child may result in bacterial infection, all of which will require an antibiotic prescription.
(His diseases may be easy to catch, but he won’t be. He ran a 5K today in 24:02!)