Sunday, January 4, 2009

A Sunbeam!

No more nursery.

I thought our baby phase officially ended when we got rid of the crib and infant toys, but I think today's entrance into Primary added a definitive punctuation to our No-more-babies-at-our-house sentence.

It was a bittersweet moment for me.

Natty looked so darn cute sitting on that front row, looking a bit nervous as she clutched an old set of scriptures that her sister advised her to take. I had a hard time leaving the room. So I watched for a few minutes.

Her new primary teacher (all our kids really got the cream of the crop this year) came to meet her yesterday and after her visit, she simply couldn't wait to go to Primary.

Everybody tells me she had a great first day. She's proud of her colored picture and her crown that makes her a princess. A princess of a Heavenly King, of course.

She gets to give the opening prayer in next week's opening exercises. Evidently our Primary doesn't waste any time getting the little guys involved.

So grown up. And shining like a Sunbeam!

11 comments:

Granny said...

What a big girl! She definitely looks proud to be a Sunbeam.
Nursery to Sunbeams is such a big step.

Way to go Natty!

Holly said...

She did look like such a big girl sitting there in the first row.

I love all the new posts... keep it up!

Erin said...

I feel the same way about my Nursery attending not-so-much-a-baby-anymore little girl.

Congratulations Natty! You are such a cute Sunbeam.

Chad said...

Way to go Natty! Such a big girl! Also, T we did get the Hymnbook and we knew it was from you. Thanks so much, it is absolutely gorgeous!

Ben and Carrie said...

She did do fabulous. We have such a sweet Sunbeam class this year and I agree that she really does have a fabulous teacher! (I am sad that Chloe is no longer a Sunbeam for that reason.....) She will love Primary. One more sweet Hatch to add to our Primary mix.

Amy Jones said...

We had a similar Sunbeam moment with our little Ellie on Sunday. Unfortunately for my middle child it was a rather rushed affair...I just whispered a quick "Have fun in Primary" and sent her in before heading off to my class of 11/12 year olds. I'm sure that I'll be more nostalgic with my baby boy...the last one to go through it all. Enjoy the next phase of life. I'm about 3 years behind you. :)

jenny said...

What a cutie! Man, they sure don't mess around. Already giving the prayer? Wow.

Sara said...

Honestly, I can't believe Natalie is only just barely becoming a Sunbeam. She seemed so much older than 3 to me in the brief time I spent with her. Andrew missed the Sunbeam cutoff by 22 days and I don't know what we're going to do with him. He has never cried when being dropped off at nursery and the last 3 weeks he has screamed his head off. I almost wish he could just be a Sunbeam. I think he's done with nursery since he started before he even turned 1 because I was the nursery leader. I'm glad Natalie is excited to be a Sunbeam. Did she ever throw tantrums about going to nursery?

Jen Childers said...

That is a milestone for sure. We've been telling Owen how he's graduated from Sunbeams and was going to be in CTR 5. As Christopher was walking him to Primary on Sunday he was protesting saying, "I'm done with Primary!" I guess he thought he was done with the whole Primary thing. We assured him he wasn't done with Primary but was a big CTR 5 boy. He was happy that he got to sit in the 2nd row. Natty sure is the cutest Sunbeam!

Jackie said...

I love to watch the new Sunbeams. You can tell they are a little overwhelmed but feel so grown up at the same time.

I am already sad thinking about Sienna gonig to primary next year. It definately is a new phase of life.

Lucy said...

She's adorable! And so grown up. You are entering a new era of your life with no more babies, Tara.