Thursday, January 1, 2009

Mom's Makeover

I don't normally agree to this kind of activity, but we've had so many consecutive homebound days and we were growing desperate for (free) entertainment.

I agreed that after my shower one morning, the girls could turn my bathroom into their own personal salon with me as their client. I allowed free reign with my make-up and hair-styling tools.

The result was actually pretty impressive for an eight- and three-year-old.

After taking turns with the hair dryer, they moved to the straight iron.

One applied moisturizer to my face and arms while the other straightened my waves.

Next was the make-up. They managed foundation, eye shadow and lipstick, but I did take over the mascara after getting poked in the eye. I can relinquish my looks but my eye sight deserves protecting.

The final step was adding the earrings they had carefully selected to finish the look. The hair was a bit "Tina Turner" (no product) and my eyes resembled one who'd taken a punch to the face, but they declared their work, "Perfect!"

And they had fun.

7 comments:

Granny said...

Too cute! You're a good sport. (I must agree with your comment on your eyes.)

This post definitely made me smile.

Jen Childers said...

Now that makes for a fun afternoon. You are a good sport indeed! But you don't look half bad! Your gils may have a future in this...:)

Erin said...

So cute! Anna definitely has something in common with her cousins. She already makes frequent requests to "ush" my hair.

Lucy said...

Beautiful! I think they did a decent job on the hair but I'm glad you do your own make-up;)

You are a fun mom!

Camille said...

That is so cute, I bet the girls will remember this for a long, long time!

jenny said...

You are a good sport. They did a fantastic job! Perhaps makeup artists or beauticians in the future?

Tammy said...

As Sophie would say, "Boo-tee-ful!"