Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year!

I, for one, am glad to welcome 2009. I'm ready to put a long 2008 to rest and have a new start.

We rang in the new year with good friends, food and fun.

After filling up on our yummy spread, we broke out the guitars and rocked the house. The "boy band" was quite a bit more talented than the girl version but we still had fun.


Though we all combined against her, Tammy ended up as the champion of our long, slow-moving Settlers game.


The kids entertained themselves so well. We called them out to enjoy the build-your-own sundae bar just before midnight.

And everyone got a little glass of "bubbly" for the countdown.

We watched the ball drop and I sang Auld Lang Syne (no one else knew the words) because you just can't welcome the new year without it.



Fun times!
Here's to 2009!

9 comments:

Erin said...

Looks like a fun celebration!

Emily said...

What a fun par-tay! Happy New Year!

Lucy said...

It looks like a great party! I don't know the Auld Lang Syne song either but I would have tried to sing along.

Camille said...

Looks like a fun night.. Man you have like 5 new posts since I've checked last, and that wasn't too long ago. I guess being home bound has it's benefits.. time to post.

jenny said...

I wanted so badly to have a game night for New Years, but all of our "game" playing friends were out of town. It looks like you had a great night. I don't know the words to that song either, I could maybe hum it. Happy New Year!

Jackie said...

I'm glad you guys had a fun night. We cheated and had a New York New Year's so we officially celebrated at 9:00. The kids still stayed up until 11:00 but not as bad as 12:00.

I'm sure 2009 will be much better for you guys!

Tammy said...

Thanks for letting us join in the fun. And most of all, thanks for letting me win Settlers. :) You guys are the GREATEST! Maybe by next year, we can all learn the words (and meaning) to Auld Lang Syne so you don't have to sing a solo!

F said...

i love that you played guitar hero or whatever that was for new years! and I hope you don't mind "blog stalking"... I can't believe how grown up your kids are getting! still as cute as ever!

Jenn said...

Looks like you guys had a great time! Happy New Year! Hope things are working out with the car situation. Can't believe Natalie is a sunbeam!