Sunday, December 30, 2012

In the Days Since Christmas

Since Christmas, we've had all sorts of fun and done our best to avoid anything that might be considered work.  It's been positively wonderful.  Lazy, relaxing and wonderful.

It took me three days to complete this puzzle:


I'm pretty good at puzzles--maybe even better than the average person--but this puzzle was hard!  But like all puzzles, it sucked me in and I could accomplish little else until it was completed.  Jon helped me some and I always love placing pieces side by side.  He's just fun to be with.

We've played lots of games.  Games like Apples to Apples:


And Quelf:


A silly game that requires you do to things like wear neckties and helmets.  Fun!


I've curled up next to my new space heater (heaven!) in my cozy new pajamas and read a most interesting and enlightening book about a man with Asperger Syndrome.


The girls have done lots of art projects:


And when it's time to force ourselves out of our pajamas, we've loved putting on new shoes, coats and beloved BYU t-shirts.


We've watched lots and lots of movies.  Alyssa's on her third viewing of Hunger Games and Caleb and Jon are finishing up the Lord of the Rings trilogy.  Jon and I have also had our fill of theatre popcorn as we've been to Les Miserables and Lincoln.  Two fabulous shows!


We stay up way later than we should and then fall into bed atop new pillowcases and heated mattress pads.



Could Christmas break be any more wonderful?  You know that line in the popular Christmas song that goes, "and Mom and Dad can hardly wait for school to start again?"  Well that couldn't be further from my truth.  I'm trying to remind myself to enjoy these last few days of vacation instead of going into mourning that they are almost over.

I wish it could be Christmas break forever.

2 comments:

SuburbiaMom said...

The same thought, about the kids returning to school, crossed my mind a few times too. Glad you are enjoying some good spoils of Christmas!!

Lucy said...

that puzzle looks seriously hard. I think my kids are ready for school to start again. We just have too many ages for any of them to feel like we're doing something fun or together. Hopefully, just not doing school work will be their memory of fun:)