Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Birthday Wrap-up

It was quite the birthday week.  With two posts already devoted to our special days, adding another might seem like overkill--and it probably is--but these are moments that need to be captured.

I must admit that it warmed my heart that Alyssa would choose my cooking over any restaurant for her birthday meal.  It might just be that her special diet has made eating out a little less enjoyable, but when the menu is hers for the choosing, the decision is easy: Mom's clam sauce.


(And GF Oreos for dessert.)


She was pretty spoiled this year with some new clothes from us, money from her grandparents and a new iPod touch from her other grandparents.


As for my birthday, Jon did a really great job.  (How sweet was that birthday post?)  He is a thoughtful man, but often at random times.  His thoughtfulness doesn't necessarily coincide with special occasions.  This year, however, he coordinated his thoughtfulness and my birthday beautifully.

We had lunch at my favorite restaurant where he then presented me with a new iPhone!  I was perfectly content with my Stone Age flip phone, but I will admit that it's been fun to have something a little more "modern."  Our waitress--who is practically a good friend now because we are her regulars--saw me open my phone and said, "Oh good, you're not dumb anymore."  (Although I must still be dumb because it took me a minute to get that she was implying that my new smart phone would make me smarter. :))

I tried out my phone's camera right away:


Later that night, Jon and I got to go on a youth temple trip with Caleb and Alyssa.  Caleb's long had a love of the temple and Alyssa now understands why.  She can't wait to go back.


 My birthday fun continued on Friday night, when Jon took me into the city for an authentic Italian dinner followed by an authentic Broadway show.  See what I mean? So thoughtful.  So awesome!


And for the grand birthday week finale, we had Alyssa's birthday party with a few of her favorite friends.  It was rather difficult to schedule since she is at the gym every night, but thanks to Veteran's day, we were able to have her party during the day on Monday at Trampoline Nation.


The girls had a blast!




Hailey K., Alyssa, Trinity and Jasmine with Karlei doing tricks in the background.


Church friends: Rachel, Linsey, Emily and Lydia


Nat doing flips



Lys with buddies from the old gym--Hailey and Jasmine.  Love these girls!


Amari, Linsey, Emily, Rachel, Jasmine, Hailey C., Karlei, Alyssa, Hailey K. and Trinity.  Natalie and Lydia were off to get a drink

Lys chose purple and black for her colors.  I got to the party room to set up and was delighted to see that the walls were purple.  How perfect is that?


We had pizza and an ice cream sundae bar.  It was a perfect birthday party!


I think it's safe to say that we've both been sufficiently celebrated.  Two very happy birthdays, indeed!

6 comments:

Emily said...

Holy fun! I'm glad you both enjoyed your birthdays so much!

Jen Childers said...

Looks like you both had successful birthdays!

Granny said...

Fun, fun, fun!!!

Ben and Carrie said...

You throw a great party, Tara. Happy Birthday to two great ladies!

Lucy said...

It all looks perfect! As always:)

Chad said...

Awesome days for awesome girls! Love you guys!