Saturday, June 16, 2012

Two Zoos

On Memorial Day, we took a family trip to the zoo.  It was a great day.  Seeing wild animals is fun but seeing them with friends is more fun.


We saw this monkey...


...then we found these monkeys.  Have you ever seen any cuter?


Caleb napped while Hunter was getting attacked!


And then there's these two...not as much into the dramatics.  Just into looking cute.  And grown up.


Feeding the birds sure was fun.


This one perched on Jon's hand even without a seed stick.


The bear was beautiful.  Amazing creature.



The lion: Caleb's definitive favorite zoo dweller.


The elephants are my favorite but I do really love the African Savanna.



Did you know flamingoes are pink because of the shrimp they eat?


Just three days later, I accompanied Natalie's class on a field trip to the other zoo in our area.  They have totally different animals making it impossible to favor one zoo over the other.

The baby clouded leopard was adorable playing with his stuffed animals.


Natalie wanted to feed the birds again since it had been so much fun at the other zoo.


Look!  We found Nemo!


And sharks, too.



Nat's favorites were the walruses.  They are ginormous and rather ugly, in my opinion, but they are pretty entertaining when they show off their swimming as they slide their blubber across the glass.


View from the top:


This guy was into showing off as well:


Any day with this girl is a good day for me!


What's your favorite zoo animal?

4 comments:

Granny said...

I really like elephants and otters. But the two legged ones sitting on the statues Are really my favorites!

Michelle said...

Giraffes! But I'd have to say that the otters are usually the most entertaining :)

Michelle said...

Actually, my absolute favorite animal is the white tiger. We just don't have them in our local zoos.

Camille said...

Great pictures! I love that both zoos are different so you really can have fun going to both of them back to back.