Thursday, June 7, 2012

The Best and Worst of a Ballpark Birthday

I have the best brother.  He recently had a birthday.


The worst thing about my brother turning forty: we're close in age so I'm not far behind.

The best thing about my brother turning forty: It's a milestone birthday that warrants a bigger-than-usual celebration.  Like a trip to Seattle for a Mariner's game (on a bobblehead night).  Perfect for the avid sports fan that he is.


The worst thing about the 2nd inning: The Mariners didn't score.

The best thing about the 2nd inning: A birthday scoreboard message.







The worst part of the food: Oh who am I kidding, there's no worst part of baseball food!  Peanuts, Cracker Jack, Red Vines and sodas in souvenir cups...pretty awesome.

The best part of the food: No ketchup packets.  And the souvenir cups.


The worst part of the game:  The Mariner's lost.  Thanks a lot, Brandon League.  You're not much of a closer.

The best part of the game:  Caleb's grooving on the Jumbotron.  Serious grooving.  Like at least 20 seconds of screen time.  I've never seen them stay so long on one person.

We only got a few seconds of his dancing but Jon had so much fun looping it to make this video.  You simply must watch it.  You'll smile.  I guarantee it.




Happy Birthday, Chad.  Glad we got to celebrate with you. 

7 comments:

Granny said...

So much fun. Love the video!

Michelle said...

Agreed! Love the video :)

Shad and Krista McOmber said...

This makes me itchin' to go to a Mariner's Game!! :) Love Caleb's moves... and you're right, it DID make me smile!

Emily said...

We all LOVED Caleb's dancing :) Awesome.

Jen Childers said...

Happy Birthday to Chad! Love Caleb and his cool moves!!

Chad said...

It was an awesome celebration! Thanks again! I am ready for a repeat!

Ben and Carrie said...

What a fun way to spend a milestone birthday! So great that he got to spend it with so much family!

And Caleb's video is hilarious. Hilarious!! Jon's video skills are awesome. Best part of my night, for sure.