Thursday, June 21, 2012

Father's Field Day


It seems a tall order to ask dads to take an entire day off of work to spend it at the school with their first graders, but nearly every student did have a father (or like substitute) to enjoy Father's Field Day with.  It was a special treat that had Natty giddy with excitement.


Love these two.  They get to be in the same class next year!

First the Reptile Man presented a show.


Nat was pretty brave getting up close and personal with the slimy and scaly members of the animal kingdom.  I think I would pass, thank you.




Then came the games.



I heard Natalie was a pretty fierce jouster.  It brought out a side her teacher had never previously seen.  She wanted to know from which parent Nat had inherited her fight.  Jon evidently gave me the credit for that.  Yeah, he's right.  It's me.  Atta girl, Nat!



The day ended with a most adorable musical performance.  I know it was adorable because I came to watch that portion.  I cried just a teensy bit.  It was just too cute.  

Here's one of their songs:



When Natty sings "you're the grandest dad and you really are rad," I know she really means it.  And he loved spending the day with her. 

3 comments:

Jen Childers said...

You're school looks like it has some great activities. Glad Jon could spend the day with Naralie.

Granny said...

Natty looks so happy having Daddy all to herself. Love the singing. Such a great activity!

Chad said...

What a great activity! Bonus Daddy points for Jon!