Friday, October 31, 2008

Trick or Treat

This year, we have a valiant knight...


A beautiful Hannah Montana...

And a child who looks slightly neglected and possibly less loved than the other two but nevertheless makes for a pretty darn cute ghost.


Doesn't she look like she's perfectly suited to join the Peanuts Gang?

Here's our gang and last Saturday's annual trick or treat at our neighborhood town center. It was a perfectly beautiful fall afternoon and a fun way to whet the kids' halloween candy appetites.

Waiting for a treat at Ben and Jerry's.
So the school doesn't allow regular costumes on Halloween, probably because of the whole not-everyone-celebrates-holidays thing, but they had one of their spirit days instead. In honor of some visiting authors who write Cowboy books, the theme was to dress up as cowboys and girls. I thought my lil' partners were pretty cute.

But I have to admit, I'm pretty partial to my Charlie Brown ghost. She just kills me in that pillow case! I think this next photo sums up the best part of Halloween: the candy. She barely made it past the threshold before plopping to the ground and diving into the goods.

And even more yummy stuff to come tonight. Happy Halloween!

8 comments:

Sarah said...

They all look so cute, but that picture of Natalie just made me giggle- She is just too cute:) Happy Halloween!

Lucy said...

Very cute. Alyssa looks fantastic as Hannah Montana. Natalie's dark eyes totally stand out from all that white. And, of course, Caleb plays his part perfectly.

Happy Halloween!

Chad said...

Wow! If it is possible to capture cute and freaky all at once then this post did it! Cute kids to say the least! I agree that Natalie could join the peanuts gang! Have fun tonight!

Erin said...

Natty does look hilarious in that pillow case! I'm also laughing at the Hannah Montana wig...it just looks so surreal. Such cute pictures! Hope trick-or-treating is fun!

Holly said...

Natalie looks almost unrecognizable.

They all looks so cute.

Granny said...

I love it! All of the costumes are so cute, but you're right, there is something special about the "Stepchild" in the ghost costume. I just can't stop giggling.

Jen Childers said...

Oh my gosh..that pic of Natalie is hilarious! Alyssa makes a great Hannah Montana and Caleb looks awesome! Hope your haunting was fabulously fun:)

Jackie said...

All the kids look great but I love Natalie's ghost costume and makeup.