Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Creepiest Halloween Costume Ever!

Our Halloween party-hosting friends decided on a redneck theme for this year's traditional get-together. I've decided that the stereotype is a bit too rude and crude for my tastes but we still had fun dressing up. We bought a mullet wig for Jon but the rest of the costume came right from our closet. I'm not sure what that says about us...

I removed all my make-up, wore the baggiest clothes I could find, brushed my hair into a product-free poof, and wore my "nicest" Auburn cap. I was a pretty scary sight but Jon just looked downright creepy. The mullet just looked way too...natural.

We made our babysitter take this picture before we left the house. Poor girl was probably tramatized at seeing her Bishop in this sleazy state.

Isn't this a classic Jon face?


Here are the guys chugging soda for the belching contest.

Jon not only won the best male costume but also won the photo contest for best mullet. And my childhood hairdo was enough to win me the title for the women. Again, not sure what that says about us...


My mom always called this cut a bi-level. Maybe that's just a slightly more sophisticated word for mullet.

Any way you look at it, the mullet is just wrong. Add some really classless clothes and you've got the creepiest Halloween costume ever.

13 comments:

Heather said...

That is HI-Larious!

Chad said...

Now that is some scary hair! And my young face plastered on there as well. I guess I did have hair at one point! :)

Emily said...

my eyes!!!!!!!!!! Seriously funny stuff.
And I called it a bi-level too :)

Granny said...

I'll agree...pretty scary!

You failed to mention it was you who actually requested the "bi-level" haircut. (I hadn't even heard the word mullet until after you were married.)

Thank goodness I had cut mine off before we had that picture taken. I do find my extra large bow to be quite interesting. It looks like it's coming out of Erin's head.

Tara said...

OK, I know I have a terrible memory but I really don't remember choosing that hair style!

Erin said...

I'm so glad I went to the bathroom before I saw these pics!!!

Jon's costume is priceless! That profile pic deserves to be framed!!! However you just look normal but with poofy hair. You couldn't find more ugly clothes than that?!?!!?

Mom always claims that we both chose the bi-level. I don't have any memory of it either. But the worst part is that not only are we sportin' the mullets but have fan-diddly-tastic butt parts as well! Good grief!!!

Granny said...

Okay you two. Let me refresh your memories. Erin wanted the haircut first. After about 6 months, Tara asked to have her long hair cut to the same style, which included the middle parts. I was just the obliging mother with scissors. As I recall, many girls wore their hair like that in that era. I certainly didn't make it up. Notice Chad's hair is side-parted with no mullet.

Granny said...

Erin's right, we do need a framed version of the profile of Jon. I'm still laughing.

Jen Childers said...

Way to funny. I love that you guys have a traditional party with friends that gets you in the mood for Halloween. That is one fun theme and yeah, Jon just looks a little too redneck. I can't believe your hair is that poofy product free...I would have never guessed:) Thanks for the fun pics!

Amy Jones said...

Not only did I get a great laugh from the post, I was completely pushed over the edge by the mother/daughter banter. Since my mom and I have had similar conversations re: childhood hairdos, I'm going to have to side with the two, slightly traumatized, daughters (sorry, Pat).

And, of course, Jon was justly awarded the winning prize. On both accounts.

Lucy said...

I fear Jon's too comfortable in a mullet. You're right - it looks too natural!

what a fun party. Each year, I find myself a little more of a Halloween scrooge, but I think if I had some good friends with some good costume themes, I might hate it a little less:)

I'm glad you guys had a good time.

Jenn said...

Definitely creepy! I laughed so hard. What a great post!

Sara said...

Tara, I had the exact same haircut at that age. My hair in the back was longer and straighter, but the family picture we had taken that year my sister had braided my hair in the back so all you could see was the top level. It was a sad sight. I laugh every time I see it!