Wednesday, December 12, 2007

You Better Watch Out, You Better Not Cry...

...You better not pout (or whine, or complain, or grumble, or moan, or argue) I'm telling you why: Mom's sick of it! I'm wishing for pleasant children this Christmas season.

Monday evening, the kids griped about doing their homework, argued about cleaning up their messes and bellyached about what I made for dinner (and it was something everyone usually enjoys.) I knew I had to do something. Tis the season to be jolly, right?

I admit that I'm not always the picture of cheerfulness, especially during the holidays. It's a busy time of year and I make it more hectic (and more messy) with all sorts of projects. Since happy kids equals happier and more productive Mom, we've implemented a plan for pleasantness. It's really simple; behave appropriately, earn a stamp. Fill the chart with stamps, open the present. It's one gift for all three kids so their good behavior requires teamwork.

So far, so good. Wish us luck.

8 comments:

Jen Childers said...

It's good to know that my kids aren't the only ones being grouchy! They sure are testing Santa, that's for sure. What a great idea!

Granny said...

What a great idea. I wonder if it would work in my classroom. Things have really been wacko...I totally felt like the Grinch today, but my kids weren't exactly the "Who's" either.

Tis the season.

Erin said...

I love it! Those little sticker charts can be miracle workers.

Good luck guys I hope you earn your present!

Chad said...

Sweet! I think it's a great idea! I want to open one too!

jenny said...

We have had some moments our selves. That is a great idea though. Isn't it amazing what a reward will do for behavior?

Jenn said...

oooooo...super idea!

Camille said...

Very clever! I bet they are behaving great!

Lucy said...

Great idea! You are such a teacher, Tara. I can't wait to see what they get:)