Saturday, December 15, 2007

Pajama Party

I love parties. I love food. I love spending time with friends. I love talking, laughing and staying up late. Our annual girlfriends Christmas gathering is all of the above.

Since we knew the party would last long into the night (til 3 a.m.) we decided to make it a pajama party. Pj's are the perfect attire for getting comfy and stuffing bellies. No discomfort from tightening waistbands as we spend hours downing cookies, candies and much more.

This is the invitation. The info was written in poem form, patterned after "Twas the Night Before Christmas."
The food is always an important part of any get-together. Nearly every morsel of our spread was gobbled. Yum, yum!

Dessert is the same every year; Homemade hot chocolate with So-Good cookies. We added a twist to the cocoa this year by including a scoop of peppermint ice cream, turning it into a hot float. Everyone enjoyed their own personalized cup of creamy chocolate deliciousness. Didn't these mugs turn out cute?

The gift exchange is always a blast. I got pretty riled (light heartedly, of course) when I lost my much desired snowman pitcher and later the adorable santa candy dish. But in the end, I went home with a lovely platter, so all is well.

What a great group of gals!




We put up our feet and gabbed wildly, sometimes laughing til we cried. How often do moms get to enjoy that kind of fun til 3 a.m.? Christmas comes but once a year. Isn't it great? Totally worth the throbbing heachache and laryngitis I woke up with this morning.

11 comments:

Erin said...

What fun! I hope I make some good friends out here to do parties like that with.

Although, I can't for one second imagine you up until 3 am!

Jen Childers said...

that looks like an absolute blast! and I must say that you look very cute in your festive pjs and slippers. I thought for sure the party was at your house until I looked closer. Don't you have that same sectional though? It was totally throwing me off until I saw the stockings in the background:)

Chad said...

Sounds like a fun time!

Camille said...

That was a lot of fun Tara, thanks for doing it.

Granny said...

It sure looks like everyone had a wonderful time.

What a great get-away for busy moms. No one deserves a good party like holiday-stressed moms.

Such a fun, festive, and well thought out evening.

Stephanie said...

Fun, Fun, Fun- too bad we have to pay for it the next day.

Heather said...

Looks like fun Tara. Isnt it nice to have such great girlfriends to spend time with?

Lucy said...

That's my favorite thing too! It looks like fun!

jenny said...

Fun party. I can only imagine your disappointment about the mug. We all know the competitiveness in Tara :)

I love that it was a pj party. Great idea.

Jackie said...

Another great party! Thanks for your hard work!

Calamity Jane said...

I had a blast! you two are the hostesses with the mostest!
Thanks!