Sunday, June 3, 2007

Climb Every Mountain

What happens when you leave overflowing laundry baskets to go on a weekend camping trip? You come home to mountains of laundry! This is how I've spent all my "free" time this week. I started the first load immediately after arriving home on Monday and finally finished the job on Saturday. How many people live here anyway?


How does this happen? Where have the matches to all of these socks gone? Drives me crazy!

On my list of least favorite chores, laundry is second only to bathrooms! Lucky for me, Jon decided to tackle that mountain for me yesterday. I could get used to that arrangement! :)

The kids did help with some chores but they seem to finish much earlier so they were able to enjoy some fun in the sun! Jon took a break from the chores to fill the pool and set up the waterslide.

Why not climb a mountain to sunbathe? I thought this was an interesting place for Caleb to get warm. This rock wall is twenty feet tall! Maybe he was just trying to get closer to the sun.

We managed to get through lots of chores (except for the garage, that's our Mount Everest that we can't seem to summit) so we rewarded ourselves with a BBQ at the park. The weather was perfect and the burgers tasty, but life is never too calm for us. Natalie took a swing to the head and as head wounds go, was bleeding pretty badly. It wasn't a really large cut but it was fairly deep so, we got to face the mountain that is the ER. We were actually very fortunate as we got in immediately upon our arrival. How often does that happen? We were literally the only people in the waiting room. The doctor came quickly and decided that her laceration could be treated with skin glue. She had stitches in October and it was very traumatic so we were so grateful that this wound could be treated with a much less painful procedure. They numbed it up really well, pinched it together and applied the glue. Now she just has this small red line. Amazing!

Natalie did very well, didn't even cry, and was thrilled with her popscicle reward!



What's in store for us this week? There will always be more mountains to climb, right?

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

I HATE laundry myself and find that ALL of my free time is spent folding and putting away. I feel for ya!

That rock wall is really 20ft high? Crazy. Poor little Natalie that looks like it hurt. There is nothign worse than having to wait in the ER too bad you weren't here--we could have gotten you in quicker thanks to Doug hookups. Hope you guys have a great Sunday!

Tara said...

Jenny-
We've always said it was 20 feet tall but after your query, I went out to measure it as best I could. It turns out twenty is an exaggeration, it's less than 15 feet at its tallest point.
Still, pretty tall for a little boy!

Unknown said...

Ohhhh, the never-ending laundry pile. I'm still trying to figure out if it is easier to intermittedly do it throughout the week or to give it a once-a-week kind of effort.

I'm still figuring. For now, I'm living under that laundry pile. :-)

Jen Childers said...

Glad Natalie is o.k. Looks like a fun weekend, even if it was a bit choatic! Now if all those clothes could just stay clean, right?!

Karen said...

Living with what we brought in suitcases definitely limits the laundry we do, so it's not a big job for the two of us. But interesting. The clothes are quite wet after the last spin and I have to empty about a quart of water from the dryer after each load. Still glad for a dryer. Didnt have one in China. Glad Natalie's OK.

Erin said...

I myself would much rather do laundry over dishes. I really hate to do dishes.

Good grief, how many times can a little girl get a cut on the head in almost the exact same spot!?! Glad to hear this time was much less traumatic.

Stephanie said...

Sounds like Natalie was very brave.

Amen to the landuary chore!! I have the same sock pile as you, maybe we should combined piles and see if any match.

Hopefully this week is calmer, with less laundary!

Emily said...

Laundry is actually the only chore that I actually love- especially since we got our front loaders, changed my life!
And the socks? I'm pretty sure they are here, lol.
Poor Natalie! Ian had that exact wound from a swing a couple weeks ago! Just a little lower. Maybe they'll have matching scars. Glad she's ok.

Granny said...

I don't mind laundry, but I'm definitely with you on the bathrooms. Neither one of those jobs stays done for more than a day...and that stinks.

Poor Natty! I am being reminded of the many trips to the ER with you three. Erin was our winner, maybe it has something to do with being number three.

Hope next week is less crazy for you.

Lucy said...

Laundry and unloading groceries are my least favorite. Finding room for everything and putting it all away I guess is not something my brain knows how to do. Plus, my laundry looks like that once a week and when everything is clean, I realize the boys have WAY too many clothes.

So glad little Natalie is O.K. Head wounds always bleed like crazy so I'm sure it was a scary site!

donna said...

Laundry, Hate it!!!!! I am always doing laundry.

What a fun weekend. SO sorry for Natalie!

Jackie said...

I thought I was the only crazy one with so much laundry after camping. Glad to know that I'm not alone!

Heather said...

I can totally relate to the laundry issues! I tell myself that I love the summer becuase theres not as much to the clothes...shorts instead of pants, tanks instead of sweatshirts...it seems like it should be less...BUT NO!!! There are camping trips, and swim parties, popsicles and BBQ's...that is a recipe for more laundry!