Tuesday, June 5, 2007

The First Fruits


Alyssa and Hunter were so excited to pick the first fruit of the season. They found two ripe, delicious strawberries in our garden and promptly snacked on them. We love to see our garden grow!

It must be time to head to the strawberry fields to pick our bounty for the year. While they're good for snacking, our small garden doesn't produce near enough berries for our liking so we always go to a U-pick field to stock up on berries for smoothies, jam and just plain eating. Fresh berries are one of my favorite parts of summer!

7 comments:

jenny said...

Fruit season is my favorite too. I haven't picked "fresh" in quite a while.

Emily said...

Lucky! Those are really big too! We won't have any here for a few more weeks, but thank goodness for California and trucking :)

Stephanie said...

Love those Washington berries! Hopefully we can pick in the sun:)

Bridget said...

Yummy!!! We went to a strawberry farm in Texas once and it was so much fun. I think I may need to plant a garden next year.

donna said...

Strawberries YUMMY!!!! I love fresh fruits. Our raspberries are here. My kids love picking them and eating them Yummy!

Jen Childers said...

Those are big. We got some strawberry plants from a friend and have enjoyed quite a few so far, but they are pretty small. YUMMY

Lucy said...

I can't believe it's berry time! Oh...I hope I can get some strawberries in Utah to make some jam. I'm afraid I'll miss out on all of it!