Monday, April 23, 2007

Tara's Trios

Jay tagged me to look at myself in 3's. I've always thought 2 was more my number but there are some good things about 3, too!

Three reasons to love 3:
  • I will be 33 this year.
  • I have 3 kids and my 3rd was born on 3/30.
  • My 3rd grader will be 3+3+3 in 3 months.

Three things I love:

  • Being with Jon
  • Football!
  • Holidays with my kids

Three things I miss:

  • Flying through the air
  • Fitting into that little skirt
  • Teaching school

Three people that make me laugh:

  • Caleb
  • Natalie
  • Jon--except when the joke's on me, then he's not so funny!:)

Three things that scare me:

  • Outer space
  • Windows at night
  • Flying

Three things on my desk:

  • TV
  • Dictionary
  • Coupon for a free Ben and Jerry' s ice cream cone

Three things I want to do in life:

  • Save enough for a nice retirement
  • Be a good mother
  • Travel with Jon--(just have to keep working on that fear of flying)

Three things I can do:

  • Handstands
  • Make rolls--here's Sunday's batch
  • Sing with my mouth closed

Three things I can't do:

  • Sew
  • Read music
  • Hide my annoyances or hurt feelings

Three things I regret:

  • Not putting Caleb in a different preschool
  • Times when I let my emotions get the best of me (a work in progress)
  • All those Macy's twist cones when I was pregnant with Caleb

Three of my favorite foods:

  • Caramel
  • Mexican
  • Avocadoes

Three of my favorite shows as a kid:

  • Silver Spoons
  • Diff'rent Strokes


  • Family Ties

Three people I tag:

11 comments:

donna said...

Great 3 post!!!


I wish i could sew.
Silver Spoons Diff'rent Strokes and Family Ties were great shows.

jenny said...

I think it is so ironic that you used to be the "flyer" on your squad and you fear flying.

Jon makes us laugh too. Love that picture of him sipping on soda. Your rolls look yummy. How do you make them look so perfect? You must tell me your secret.

Granny said...

Great job Tara! I love the pictures.

Emily said...

Great post! And I agree with Jenny! Flying through the air is *much* scarier than in a plane!
Great Jon pic- you really captured him there :)
Very fun...

Jen Childers said...

What a fun post! I can attest for Tara's rolls, too. YUMMY!!!

Bridget said...

Alright I better get busy on the 3's.

Enjoyed your list! Should just cut and paste some to mine. :) Love Mexican food and football, too.

So cool you were a cheerleader. I was never coordinated enough.

Thanks for the list!

Jackie said...

Fun post! I think all that thinking would hurt my brain right now. But it's sure fun to read!

Unknown said...

Fun list! I especially concur with your love for Silver Spoons. Imagine how thrilled I was when Ricky Schroeder married a gal from my ward in Canada!

Jay said...

Okay, Tara, you quite possibly make the best rolls I've ever had.

Diffrent Strokes was an awesome show!

Oh, and Jon makes us all laugh. I chuckled when I saw that picture because I can just imaging the funny situation that it came from.

Stephanie said...

That was fun to read, I learned something new about you (TV shows and being scared of outer space)! However I think you should have added something about 3 miles.

Lucy said...

I will also vouch for Tara's rolls. My mouth is now watering!

I think you made great progress tackling that mean fear of flying on your trip back east. Just keep at it and maybe you will be semi-comfortable in a plane someday. Then we can go somewhere fun!