Sunday, April 8, 2007

Hopping Down The Bunny Trail

Our Easter celebration began on Saturday with the Annual Lakeland Hills Egg Hunt put on by our HOA. The kids had a great time and got lots of good candy!

How cute are these girls?

Natalie wasn't quite sure of the Easter bunny but managed to muster the courage to approach him for a chocolate treat, something she was quite sure of!

Natalie loved "hunting" for eggs. As you can see, there's not much hunting involved for the 1 and 2 year old age group!

She was thrilled with her basketful!

Alyssa and Abigail waiting for their age division to begin. I love the excitement on Alyssa's face!

Silly boys!

All dressed up for church.

We shared our Easter feast with our good friends, the Evans. Here is the kid table. Caleb got that Sprite in his Easter basket. It's a treat he doesn't get too often so he wanted to enjoy it with his dinner.

The adult table. Mason took our picture for us!:)
Stephanie made this cute bunny veggie tray. We gobbled it along with a yummy pot roast, potatoes, rolls etc.


Stephanie also made these darling bunny cakes for dessert. They not only looked cute, they were delicious, too!
We couldn't let the day pass without taking the time to focus on the true meaning of Easter. We had a fun lesson and enjoyed the kids singing Easter songs.

Happy Easter!




11 comments:

jenny said...

That bread bunny is darling. How creative! Sounds like you guys had a fun filled Easter. That was quite a lot of eggs you HOA put on. Ours is SO lame.

Happy belated Easter!

Lucy said...

Your Easter looks festive. When I read about other people's great ideas, I feel even more lame. My kids got baskets but Seth immediately started noting inconsistencies from last years' baskets and finally I said, "yeah...I did the basket. I'm the Easter bunny." Oh well. I never did get off on a big giant furry animal delivering eggs as a means of celebration.

Stephanie said...

Thanks for the fun Easter Sunday! I stole one of your pictures for our blog that I didn't get-Thanks!

Jay said...

What Lucy??? You're the Easter Bunny??? How do you make it to everyone's house without me knowing?

Looks like fun, Tara.

Zeke said...

We had a great Easter in your home. Thanks for all the good food. It was definately a meal made to follow the Passover.

Granny said...

Gosh, what a great time you all had. I love the joy and excitement in the kid's faces. The food looks wonderful as well.

Jen Childers said...

Sounds like a fun weekend. DOn't you love the little kids looking for eggs? I bet Natalie loved it!

Erin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Erin said...

All these pictures make me miss those kids!!! I just want to hop on a plane right now!

I'm glad you all had a good Easter. We had a quiet dinner with just the two of us. I took pictures of my first pie...hopefully I'll be able to post them some time.

Bridget said...

Love the veggie bunny! So creative.

Alex does not like big stuffed animals either. We won't be going to Disney any time soon.

Happy Easter! I am sure your kids are glad you are back! :)

Kari said...

That Bunny Veggie Tray is GREAT!!! She is talented! Looks like a lot of fun!