Friday, February 9, 2007

Six Unusual Things About Me

So I'm "It" after being tagged by Lucy and Bridget. This has been so hard to come up with six more things after feeling like I exposed all my quirks and weirdness in my 100 list. But here are my 6 unusual things:

1. The thought of outer space freaks me out. I don't like seeing pictures of space shuttles, astronauts or anything of the sort.

2. I took a "Sewing For Fun" class in high school. While I was working so diligently to produce straight seams, I seemed to lose track of my hand placement and sewed my finger! When I pulled my hand away, the needle broke from the machine and was completely through my finger tip. I tried to remove the needle from the top but the bottom of the needle was still sticking out of the bottom of my finger. X-rays showed a piece of metal that remains in my finger to this day. I haven't touch a sewing machine since. I admit defeat!

3. I know all three verses of the Star-Spangled Banner from memory. Whenever we sing it in church, the bishop watches me because he's amazed that I don't need the hymn book.

4. There is a pattern in the number of letters in our family member's names. Tara has 4, Caleb-5, Alyssa-6, Natalie-7 and Jonathan-8. NO, we did NOT plan that, I realized it after Natalie was born.

5. While in high school I once skipped Spanish class and tried to change the attendance records (saw a friend, the attendance collector in the hall) to show that I was present but I was unaware that a janitor witnessed the whole process and reported my misdeed. I was sentenced to Saturday Work Force.

6. In the last two months I have run in every weather condition possible. Pouring rain, blowing wind, blinding snow, icy temperatures, power outage-(that was like running with your eyes closed) and even bright sunshine! We've had wacky weather this winter.

Jon, Jen and Emily--"You're it!"
I know it's lame to tag Jon since we share a blog but he can't seem to finish his 100's list but I'm pretty sure he can come up with six. That and being new to the blogging world, I don't have too many people to choose from.

5 comments:

Bridget said...

Love the outer space thing. Too funny! The ONE time I skipped class in HS I got caught as well. Detention is no fun. Good for you on the running. I did 6 this morning (the most I have ran since before kids) but had to do it on the treadmill. It was okay though. I had to walk a little, but not as much as I though I would have to.

Have a great weekend!

Lucy said...

I felt the same way about finding six more things after the 100 list. But your six things are great. Thanks for doing it.

jenny said...

Hey I even did it and I had 200 things I wrote about me. I keep telling Doug to do it and he says he doesn't have a blog. I told him we share but he begs to differ.

We have had crazy weather too. I am SO ready for spring!!

Kelly said...

I was crazy excited when I had so much in common with your 100 list, now I hesitate to mention this, don't want to look like a freaky internet lurker.

But...I sewed my finger last month! Needle broke, string and needle all the way through. The quilt I was working on is now in the trash. I craft no more.

I'm really not that excited about sewing my finger, I'm just thrilled to find a kindred spirit!

Tara said...

Kelly, it feels so good to know I'm not alone!