Saturday, February 24, 2007

Oh Baby, Oh Boy!

After weeks of planning, the day of my friend Stephanie's shower finally arrived and it went off without a hitch.

It all started with this invitation. After I designed them I was so in love with the colors that I decided to use them in the decorations. I had so much fun thinking of ideas and planning for this shower!

Isn't this banner the cutest thing? It said, "Oh Baby, Oh Boy!"

The spread. I did two varieties of homemade rolls with meat and cheese and each had a toothpick that I had handmade with the "right" color blue tissue paper topper! I also made fruit dip to go with the fruit Holly brought, pasta salad and spinach dip. Jackie made my enchilada dip for me and also brought the veggie tray. Camille made a broccoli salad, which was great! I don't sew a stitch so Mom made a beautiful table runner for me. Many of the guests admired it but unfortunately you can't really see it in the picture. Jon picked me up a gorgeous flower arrangement from my favorite flower shop and I made the take-out boxes with goodies for the prizes! (you can't really see those in the picture either but they were really cute!)

I used an old Crystal Light container to create my matching pencil holder. Vases from old flower arrangements that Jon had gotten me made for the perfect candy dishes (with the perfect color candies) and a nice centerpiece for my coffee table. For the game we played "How well do we know Stephanie as a mother?" I had written twenty questions like "What brand of diapers do you use? and "What will be the best thing about not being pregnant anymore?" I matched 13 of the 20 which was by far the most but, of course, gave the prize to the 2nd place winner! I know her well, it must be all those hours spent running together every morning!

I made a trail mix for the favors complete with a cute tag. The trail mix included the "right" color M&M's.

Here is the guest of honor showing off a beautiful quilt made by Camille.


Jackie, Holly and Camille enjoying dessert!

Again using vases from former flower arrangements from Jon, I made this name suggestion jar. They are having a hard time choosing a name so we sent her home with some good options!

And finally, dessert! Stephanie loves peanut butter so I made these individual peanut butter pies complete with a fudge layer, cool whip and crushed M&M's in that now-probably-overused color of blue! Yummy!

What fun! There are few events in life that are so exciting as a new baby, right?

7 comments:

jenny said...

I love those colors. Looks like you put a lot of time and effort into the shower. I LOVE all the little touches you did. So creative. Where were you when I was pregnant? Looks like that won't be happening again. I went to a babyshower today too!

Kelly said...

Don't you just love it when a party comes together?

That is fabulous! Love the colors, love the touches, I more than love the pie!

Kelly said...

PS The whole reason I got online was to say "Do you have your Arrow of Light now?" I got my engineering pin today!

I was distracted by the pretty party.

Tara said...

Kelly,
I got three Arrow of Lights!!! Congrats on the Engineer...I should be earning that next month:)

Emily said...

What a fun friend you are! Almost makes me want you to give *me* a shower. Or not :p

Anonymous said...

Wonderful job Tara! Everything looks great.

Jen Childers said...

Tara...you are so talented! Everything looks so great. Your friend is lucky to have you!