Sunday, February 25, 2007

Chocolate, It's What's For Dessert!

The phone rang soon after we arrived home from church. It was the kind of call you love to get, an invitation for dessert. It wasn't just any dessert invitation, it was a chocolate fountain invitation! Camille is on the Stake Activities Committee and had borrowed the fountain for our Stake Sweetheart Ball. She's such a fun mom that she wanted to give her kids a chance to experience the delight of flowing chocolate before returning it. Our girls were in heaven and apparently didn't want to take the time to bother with napkins!




First the big sisters took their turn at the fountain. They dribbled and drooled and loved every minute of it.

After a while, Alyssa gave up the dipping stick and went for using her fingers. When that didn't produce a sufficient amount of chocolate she resorted to filling a cup and drinking it! Atta girl!




Next the little sisters took their spot! Just look at that mess left by the older girls!


Natalie was surprisingly more refined than her older sister!


I can't believe that Jon captured a picture of me without a stick in my hand or a bite of chocolate halfway to my mouth! I definitely had my fill. I think I was just admiring the luscious cascade and trying to restrain myself from going back for more!

Thanks McInelly's, we'll come over for dessert anytime!

9 comments:

Lucy said...

Do you have to use fingers? Or can you just tilt your head and drink like out of a faucet? Is that rude?

Looks delectible.

Bridget said...

That looks fantastic!!! I now need to find myself some chocolate, but I don't think it will compare with a founatain of it. Yummy!!!!

jenny said...

Looks yummy! I often wonder how those things work. Is is melted chocolate chips or what? Anytime we are invited anywhere is a treat!

Jen Childers said...

Aren't those so fun! We have some friends with one and have partaken in the yummy fountain. I love the pic of Alyssa...is she really drinking it? That is too funny! Great pics.

Unknown said...

Fountain of the Gods! Why do I not have friends like this???

Anonymous said...

That would be so much fun! Here the chocolate is quite waxy tasting unless I buy Cadbary's and that's really expensive!

Emily said...

Yummo!

Kelly said...

Be still my beating heart! I am all about Alyssa and the drinking cup. Only problem, the cup wasn't quite big enough for me!

That was fabulous, now I know what I want for my birthday.

Bridget said...

Would you email me your address? Thanks!!

bmahalek@yahoo.com