Thursday, September 6, 2012

Future Employee of the Month?

Caleb has a dream. He loves Brick Oven so much that he wants to work there some day.

Well what do you know? The sign says, "We hire energetic, friendly people." Perfect.  He's just the guy they're looking for.


Given his love for this restaurant, eating at Brick Oven was high on Caleb's must-do-while-we're-in-Utah list.  It was for all of us, really, so we planned to go early in the week--Free Root Beer Monday to be exact.  I'm not much of a soda drinker but you'd better believe I accepted a free frosty mug.  It really does go well with pizza, I must say.

But Caleb opted for red cream soda.  Brother Curtis (Jon's counselor and Caleb's former scoutmaster) told him to make sure to try it when he went to the Brick Oven.  It was love at first sip.  He was blessing Brother Curtis' name.


The pizza (even gluten-free), the pasta, the salad bar, the sodas and oh, the garlic bread!  We were reminded why we love this place so much.


Jon treated all of us to a feast--Maureen, Alyssa, Caleb, Me, Jon, Natalie, Sarah, Aunt Shauna and Uncle John

We loved it so much that we went again in Layton at the end of the week.  Though Caleb was still madly in love, it was rather disappointing for the rest of us.  So here's my advice: When visiting Brick Oven, stick to the original Provo location and you'll leave ever so happy.  And full!


I loved the Brick Oven, but even more enjoyable was re-kindling my love affair with Macey's twist cones.  Best. Ice cream. Ever!  (And the fact that they are so stinkin' cheap may or may not make them taste even better.) We went two days in a row.  Reminded me of one hot July when I was pregnant and daily twist cones kept me alive.


If Brick Oven doesn't work out, maybe Caleb could work at Macey's, at the ice cream counter of course.

 I hope his dreams come true.  But if not, we'll still visit the Provo Brick Oven any chance we get.

6 comments:

Granny said...

I love Heaps AND Maceys King Kones! Fun!

Chad said...

Jealous!!!

Jen Childers said...

No one got a Kong cone? I agree that they are dirt cheap! It's fun to have great places to visit in Provo! Those are definitely two on our list as well!

Emily said...

Connor still hasn't forgiven me for not getting to Macey's for icecream! Wish we would have gone to Brick Oven in Provo...

Lucy said...

Yeah...the Provo Brick Oven seems to be run a little better than the Layton one:) I always forget about Macey's. I did get there this summer but I need to make it a part of the trip like you and Jen. Cute pics. If Caleb works at either, i'll be sure to visit frequently:)

SuburbiaMom said...

Brings back such good memories--the Brick Oven!