Thursday, September 13, 2007

Mock Meet

Alyssa's gymnastics team had a mock meet to prepare for her first official meet next weekend. It was her first time in front of judges and she did very well! She came in first place all-around in her age division (6/7). Vault proved to be her strongest event but she did a pretty decent floor routine, too!



Here she is all dressed in her gear. The girls line up in height order to do their march-in so Alyssa, being the shortest, led the group.

She fell off the beam a couple of times but she did a good job remembering the routine. She'll get more steady as she learns to master her nerves.




Here is the floor routine:

12 comments:

Granny said...

Oh my! She looks so cute. (but I was wondering if you could have gotten her hair any tighter :)
Brings back so many memories, right down to the color of the leo and sweats.

Way to go Lys! First place in your first practice meet. That is fantastic. Your routine looks great.

We are so proud of you.

Granny said...

Okay, I've watched the floor routine about ten times and I just can't stop smiling. It's so cute, and well done. I love the round off-back handspring.

Lyssie you are GREAT!

Emily said...

Wow!! That is awesome.

Erin said...

Woohoo! Great job Lyssie! I can't wait to see your stuff in person!

I love the high fives at the end!

Jen Childers said...

Wow alyssa...it's improved since you showed us in your living room a few weeks ago:) and I got to see the round off back handspring. You are going to have a great future in gymnastics. I can't wait until we can come see it live. Good Job!

Stephanie said...

Great Job Alyssa!! Lydia says: "That was good!" Looks like she is ready for the real deal in a few weeks.

Chad said...

Awesome! Way to go Alyssa! You look great.

Calamity Jane said...

Darling. I feel proud and I am not even related!

jenny said...

The best part was the "high fives" at the end. So cute! Go Alyssa go!

Jackie said...

She looks so cute in her outfit! It's amazing that she can do all those steps at 6 yrs. old. Way to go Alyssa!

Lucy said...

Holy Cow! She is the cutest thing ever. She's great! I can't believe she is memorizing routines and pulling of round-off backhandsprings already! How exciting.

Thanks for sharing the video. it makes it so much more fun!

Heather said...

That was too cute! You must be proud T.