Sunday, May 13, 2007

Mother's Day

Today is Mother's Day. On most LDS missions, missionaries are allowed to call home twice a year. Once is Christmas, the other is Mother's Day. I don't remember if I was in an area with a phone for both of the Mother's days while on my mission, but I do remember calling once on a Christmas day. So, I don't think this is the first time I haven't been able to pick up the phone and call my Mom whenever I want on Mother's day to tell her how much she means to me and how much she has shaped my life. Mom, I love you.

I tried to make Mothers day somewhat special for Tara. Now I am not the best planner or organizer but I thought I would try and let her relax on her day while I attemted to make something that would resemble a Sunday dinner. I don't know how successful I was but I think we all got full.

I put an M in the potatoes special for Mom's day. I know, nice touch huh...

Caleb and Alyssa made gifts at school and presented them to Mom.


Natalie didn't want to get in the pictures initially but finally cuddled up in Mom's lap.

Alyssa took this photo. I am known for giving electronic "gadget" gifts. Since I knew I wouldn't get away with giving her the new Nintendo Wii, I opted for an Ipod shuffle.



Here's a close-up of the gifts the kids made at school. Alyssa's came with a note that said, "Thank you for giving me the building blocks of learning." Caleb made a peppermint foot soak.

Happy Mother's day!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

what a grat mother's day i like mother's day

jenny said...

Jon, the potatoes are so classic. I am glad to hear you all got full :)

Looks like you and Doug were on the same page, he got me a nano. I am so excited. But can't decide if I want to keep the red.

Happy Mother's Day Tara!

Granny said...

Good job Jon! I'm really proud of you.

Happy Mother's Day T!

Jen Childers said...

I love the potatoes! Happy Mother's Day to Tara...looks like you got some good cuddles and special gifts. I love that block with mini-Alyssa on it. Too cute!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the call. Sorry we missed you. Hope you had a great day, Tara.

donna said...

What a wonderful mother's day you had! Great pictures :)

Heather said...

Happy Mother's day Tara. Looks like you had a great day! What a blessing to be a mommy!

Emily said...

Love the potatoes! lol
I got an mp3 player too! Funny.
Looks like you had a great day, Tara.

Lucy said...

The "M" in the potato screams, "I love you." Nice touch.

Happy Mother's Day Tara!

Erin said...

Happy Mother's Day!

At first I thought you had "Photoshopped" Alyssa into the picture...what cute gifts!

Glad you all had a great day!

Chad said...

Man! You are making us all look bad brother. Good Job!

Stephanie said...

Looks like a great day! Don't you just love Mother's day!!

The picture of your gifts makes Alyssa look like she is from "Honey I Shrunk the Kids"