Monday, May 14, 2007

If the Song Fits, Sing It

The bluest skies you've ever seen in Seattle
And the hills the greenest green in Seattle

I can't get these lyrics out of my head. They come from the song, "Seattle" by 70's teen idol, Bobby Sherman. We're known for cloudy skies and rain but we've also got some pretty amazing blue skies juxtaposed with the most beautiful, lush green! I think we live in one of the most beautiful places, I love it here! Here are some pictures of our fun in sun.

The perfect weather for a baseball game!


Caleb practicing his pop flies with Dad.

Cooling off with the sprinkler!

There was no school today so we spent the afternoon soaking up the sun at our neighborhood park. Unfortunately, I'm really bad about remembering sunscreen so we all got a little burned.



Just check out that view of Mt. Rainier!

With tomorrow's forecast calling for temperatures in the 80's, looks like I'll keep singing our song!


11 comments:

jenny said...

I hope you are singing today as well. I am guilty of forgetting sunscreen too. Hey, maybe it will turn into a tan right? Glad you had a bright sunny day!

Jen Childers said...

What a beautiful day. It's been nice here too, but not as beautiful as Seattle...well it has it's own beauty that is growing on me. Great pics of the kids!

Erin said...

You are making me very jealous!

Everyone out here assumes that Seattle is cold and rainy all the time. I frequently have to remind them that that is just not so.

Wish I could post some pictures of "beautiful Delaware" but, I'd have to hunt for those places!

Chad said...

Looks like a fun day!

Jackie said...

Yes, I agree it is a beautiful place to live. Even though I still think of Utah as "home", Washington is starting to really grow on me. I love the new revolving pictures of the kids. You have beautiful children!

Jackie

Stephanie said...

Love the sun, especially here. I don't always realize how green it is here until I go somewhere else.

Stephanie said...

Love the sun, especially here. I don't always realize how green it is here until I go somewhere else.

Lucy said...

I remember a friend of mine, who lives in Seattle, once saying that you won't find happier people anywhere in the world than Seattleites in May and June. Looks like she knew what she was talking about.

I love your view of Mt. Raineer. Breathtaking.

Emily said...

Looks like a beautiful day. And you're so right- there is nothing better than a nice day in the Pacific NW. Gorgeous!

Jay said...

I loved the 2 months I spent with you guys in May and June a while back. The weather was indeed extremely nice. And you guys weren't too bad to hang out with, either.

Bridget said...

What a beautiful day! We have had some warm days lately, but sooooo windy, windy to the point that it is no fun being outside. Hope it calms down soon.

Hope all is well with you and your family. Take care!