Monday, October 15, 2012

A Day in the City

Last Friday was a day off from school and since Aunt Maureen was in town for a visit, we decided to spend a day in the city.  Maureen happened to arrive on the very day our unseasonable summer-like weather departed, but the cloudy skies withheld their raindrops just for us, I'm sure.

First we decided to go for a ride on the new Seattle Great Wheel.  



Jon was making his usual dorky picture face while Nat's uneasiness is evident in hers.


The cozy capsule provided some great views of the skyline and gave the sensation that we might dive right into the Puget Sound.  But not in a scary kind of way.  It really was cool.  We all (even Nat who had been nervous) wished we could ride again.






Next we made our way to the garden terrace of Jon's building.  It has some great city views as well.





We stopped at the Starbucks in the lobby for some warm steamers before walking across the street to see the new City Target where Jon buys his lunchtime groceries. We thought that it was cool that the carts have their very own escalator.


Then we made our way to the market.


Maureen bought some fresh donuts and Alyssa got a gluten-free pumpkin cookie.


We stopped to see the fish throwers, too.


Before leaving Pike Place, we stopped by the gum wall since Jon and I had never been.  It's gross but in a cool sort of way.  We each contributed our gum to the display.



I made sure that my finger touched only my piece.



Caleb didn't mind whose gum he touched.  Ewww.


Some people even leave messages.  We liked this one:


Finally, we paid a visit to the grumpy old troll living under the Aurora Bridge.


It was a great outing.  I love my city!

5 comments:

Granny said...

Fun day! I think I might look like Nat in front of that gigantic wheel. And the gum wall, strange, but interesting. I love the rooftop picture of the girls.

Erin said...

I'm with Nat. Pretty sure you would not have been able to pay me enough money to get on that wheel!

Fun, Fun!

Jen Childers said...

Fun! I've never even heard of the Great Wheel. Seattle is definitely a fun place!!

Chad said...

Fun day! I am with Nat and Erin on the wheel.

Craythorn Family said...

Oh, the gum wall. I heard about that. Kind of sad we won't be moving to Seattle to see and experience all of those fun sights!