Thursday, September 17, 2009

What I'm Doing With Myself

It's been exactly one week since my baby started preschool. She is, of course, loving it! I am sad that she's so big.


The big kids are doing well and we're almost adjusted to our new schedules. Caleb continues to come home happy every day. I really feel like we've been blessed with a small miracle as I never would've imagined the middle school transition going this well. I'm a bit hesitant of speaking too soon, however, because it was this same time last year that the locker incident occurred. Nevertheless, our prayers have been answered.

With the kids in school, my sister wondered what I would do with myself. Well, the first day of Nat's preschool, I did this:

Then I took her to a b-day party for a friend at Chuck E. Cheese. She and Emma made their tokens stretch by sharing every ride. In fact, they had so many left that we had to give them away when it was time to go. Cute, cute friends.

The next day, after my favorite breakfast with some girlfriends, we went to the free-admission day at the fair. Natalie loved milking the cow and seeing all the animals.


Natty and Jacob petting a baby bunny.

And there's been plenty of this (which always makes me smile):

But lest you think it's been all fun and games...I've done my share of this:

Why do we call this room of the house the den? It's really the laundry room, it looks like this most of the time.

I've also fit in errands, and volunteering and gym stuff and more gym stuff and...

Even with the kids gone, I still can't catch up.

And now it's time to pick up Natalie from preschool.

4 comments:

Jen Childers said...

Natalie is so adorable! Glad that she's enjoying preschool and you are enjoying some personal time, even though sometimes we have to fill that up with laundry, etc...I've been wondering how Caleb's been doing, I'm so glad it's been a good transition so far! We'll keep praying for him:)

Granny said...

How did Natty get to be so big? Wasn't she just a little baby? I'm so glad she's loving preschool and you are having a little "Tara Time."

I'm especially happy to hear Caleb is doing well. He's such a great kid, and continues to be in our prayers.

Can't wait to see you guys.

jenny said...

We are supporting the same blue toes! So cute. My days seem to go WAY faster than I even imagined with the kids gone. Sometimes it's just not enought time!

KmCaCFamilyof5 said...

Oh my goodness, your couch looks like my couch most days :)