Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Good-bye Summer

We've officially reached summer's end. Summer was good to us and yet so much went unsaid.

I didn't acknowledge a wonderful Fourth of July holiday with cousins, aunts and uncles. It was perfect except for a sick Natalie.

I never wrote about my week as an empty-nester. The kids loved every minute of their five mother-free days at Grandma's and I felt a bit guilty at how much I enjoyed my break from them. I'd love to see this become a tradition.

Here are the kids all loaded up and ready for a week at Grandma's.

My family gathered for a wonderful week of reuniting. It was sure good to have them all here.

Caleb went on his first Scout campout. I understand he was quite a trooper on his five-mile hike!
We got to celebrate Jonas' baptism with lots of family. After this visit we could say that we saw every member on both sides of our family. What a great blessing, especially considering the large distances that separate many of us.

I never mentioned all the beach days, play dates or the record breaking heat.

We definitely packed in plenty of fun. Like last week when Jon surprised me with tickets to Wicked. What an awesome show!

And then yesterday, Labor day, our last hurrah...the circus. It was a really fun show and hard to determine a favorite act. I'm going with the elephants.

Good-bye, Summer. I hate to see you go.

Tomorrow, I throw Caleb to the dogs...the Mt. Baker Middle School Bulldogs. Please pray for him (and me!)

5 comments:

Lucy said...

Praying for you. Praying for Caleb. Praying for the whole family.

I miss summer! It's been gone the last couple of weeks, I forget some are still just finishing. It is sad to see it go. But yours looked like so much fun!

Granny said...

I never should have opened this before going to school today. Now, I'm trying to get myself back together before leaving the house. It was a wonderful summer.
Believe me, I've been praying for our little guy for weeks. He'll probably do better than the rest of us.
Good luck to Caleb and Lys on their first day of school.

KmCaCFamilyof5 said...

I've been thinking about you today! Hope Caleb had a wonderful first day of Middle School :)

Jen Childers said...

This has been an awesome summer...and it was great seeing you and your wonderful family so much the past few months! I've been thinking about you and Caleb all day....let us know how things went! Go Bulldogs, right? :)

Erin said...

Wow! So many fun things this summer! Just wanted to say that you aren't allowed to make a week at grandma's a tradition without me!

Hope all went well with the first day of school