Wednesday, January 30, 2008

A Trip to the Salon

Natalie had her first hair cut when she was only four months old. She couldn't even sit up on her own but her full head of long hair needed trimming. She's had a couple of other at-home trims since, but yesterday was her first salon experience.

We decided to try Fantastic Sam's since a friend had mentioned that a shampoo was included with the cut. There are few things Natalie despises more than getting her hair washed but I thought the special sink would make it a fun experience. Though she was a bit frightened, she did enjoy it.




She sat as still as any two-year-old can and watched the hairdresser cut about three inches off the ends.


The lollipop treat is the best part! Too bad they don't include a style with that shampoo and cut deal. It seemed so funny to walk out of a hair salon with wet, unstyled hair. By the time we got home it had that half air-dried look but after a couple quick pony tails, she looked pretty cute.

Today we tried some curls.
Through my mommy goggles, she's cute enough that any 'do will do!

10 comments:

Jen Childers said...

Oh my gosh....she is so adorable! I LOVE those big brown eyes:) That first picture is so cute.
I started taking all the boys to Great Clips when Owen's hair came out stick straight and I knew my haircutting skills wouldn't do.
She is a beauty, both in pigtails and curls!

Erin said...

So cute! Looks like she was a good girl and that finished product is great!

Chad said...

What a beautiful girl! We love our Natalie!

Camille said...

She looks darling, I love the haircut. Man, if I cut 3 inches off of Emma's hair she wouldn't have much left. It's crazy.

Granny said...

I think the "Mommy Goggles" are pretty accurate. Any do will do on someone that cute.

I love the look on her face prior to the hairwash. But, I especially love the curls.

Ben and Carrie said...

How fun to go to the salon- what a big girl! She looks so adorable with the curls and she's always had such long, pretty hair. We're still waiting for Chloe's bangs/front hair to catch up with the back. I've been thinking about cutting her hair, but we've worked so hard to grow it. Natalie is so beautiful- the Mommy Goggles are right on!

Anonymous said...

No goggles needed for her grandma! Can't wait to see all of you again. Cute pictures and cuter little girl!!

Lucy said...

I think Natalie is gorgeous. Don't need no goggles to see that! I can't imagine all that hair, though. Great clips and clippers go hand in hand in my book. But, apparently, they cut too:)

Jackie said...

I'm envious of all Natalie's hair. Love the curls, what a cutie!

jenny said...

The little curls are my favorite. I can't believe you guys cut 3 inches. That is ALOT.

That "unsure" face washing her hair is priceless!