Sunday, December 8, 2013

Thanksgiving Memories

We had a great Thanksgiving!  And I have the pictures to prove it.

We started with the Turkey Trot, of course.




Dinner was fabulous, as usual.


This year's Turkey Bowl had jerseys, flags, armband play books and a real ref!









We enjoyed spending time together.






This year we tried something new; we bundled up and ventured downtown for the lighting of the fire tower.  Everyone else in Helena went, too.  Seriously, I've never seen such a crowd in Helena before.

Look at these cute cousins:


And these cute siblings:


The parade was a funny mix of decorated RVs, ATVs and trucks.  Seems Montana-ish, right? We decided that we're going to enter next year.  We'll do some singing and maybe even a kick line like the Rockettes.    


The end of the parade brought Santa to town.


Then the crowd counted down from ten and we watched the fire tower illuminate on the hill.


We played around downtown for a bit before coming home.


We had lunch at the Staggering Ox--best sandwich ever!  So good that I went back again the next day.


I always get the clubhouse.  Ain't she a beauty?


There were lots of goofy faces and even goofier mustaches:




Erin and I shared shoes for just a bit.  She was anxious to get her pink Converse back.  This girl will be taller than me before I know it.


Most of this handsome crew has already passed me up:


It's a joy to watch these cousins spend time together.  They played football for hours!  Poor Owen endured a broken arm but that was the only mishap of the weekend.  In all other respects, it was a most wonderful holiday.

These are great Thanksgiving memories!


3 comments:

Karen said...

I'm glad that you got pictures . They do a good job of capturing the good times!

Jen Childers said...

I'm so glad that we have these memory making opportunities! It was a great weekend! I may steal some of your pics of the very festive parade. Fun pics although those mustache pics still freak me out a bit :)

Michelle said...

Looks like a wonderful thanksgiving!