Sunday, November 17, 2013

Jealous?

Caleb rarely wears pajamas.  But on Sunday afternoon, you can be guaranteed that's what he'll be wearing.

Some time ago, he came home from church, ditched his suit and threw on his cozy pajama pants.  The rest of us had yet to change, which somehow convinced Caleb that we must be green with envy at the sight of him in his comfy clothes.  He gloated his comfiness by dancing in front of us while asking slyly, "Jealous?"

Then it turned into a Sunday ritual.  It's the same every single week.  He's in a race to get his pajamas on before the rest of us.  And he always wins because he's the only one racing.

Today I tried to capture the weekly Jealous Dance.  I promise you, this is not scripted.



You're jealous that you don't get to see this dance every Sunday, aren't you?

How about this?  Now this is something to be jealous about:


Natalie has learned how to make chocolate chip cookies (gluten-free, even) all by herself.  And I mean all by herself.  No help whatsoever.  And you know what?  They were delicious!  Caleb's been really into making Krispy treats so I'm thinking we might need to have a "Next Great Baker" contest at our house.

Unfortunately, they all need work on their clean-up skills.  My kitchen sink that is overflowing with dirty dishes?  Yeah, no need to feel jealous there.

4 comments:

Jen Childers said...

I am jealous! Of those comfy jammies and those yummy looking cookies! Nice job Natalie!

Granny said...

Yep. I'm jealous. Nothing more comfy than wearing cozy jammies while eating chocolate chip cookies.

Erin said...

When I saw the title pop up on my feed, I knew this was going subject! I'm just so sad that I missed it in person. Hilarious!

Camille said...

LOVE that jealous dance! Those cookies look yummy too!