Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Superbowl Monday


I dozed through the first half of Superbowl XLVII.  I woke to the bright lights of Beyonce's halftime performance, her long, fan-blown locks flowing on screen.  She sure knows how to put on a show but I had just one question: would she be any less stunningly beautiful with just a little bit more clothing on? 

I didn't really care who won, but the power outage which led to a 49er comeback did make for an interesting second half.

On Monday, Caleb had a Superbowl of his own.  I didn't even know it until I got to the field, but this, the last game of his flag football season, happened to be between the top two teams in the league.  Caleb's team was undefeated while their opponents came in with just one loss.


See those pants Caleb's wearing?  Those used to be my running pants.  He took possession of them during his cross country season when he needed some athletic pants to wear over his teeny tiny shorts.  It still weirds me out every time I see them on him.  Oh, and he wore Jon's cleats all season, too.  Crazy.


Caleb takes his football very seriously.  For me, it's the dangling carrot I used to get him to do just about anything and everything that I wanted him to do.  What will I use now that the season's over?




He caught a touchdown which helped his team remain undefeated.  Gators win!


There was no burst of confetti or Lombardi trophy after this game, but there were some DQ blizzards.  Same thing, right?

6 comments:

Granny said...

Great season Caleb. Way to go!

Emily said...

Congrats!

Erin said...

Exciting!

Jen Childers said...

Looks like a fun night. Congrats to the Gators!

Lucy said...

I can't believe you guys are still playing football! I feel like we've been indoor for months. Oh, wait. We have.

He looks like he's having so much fun. I know what you mean about those dangling carrots. I hate it when they expire!

Chad said...

Way to go CJ!!!