Saturday, August 28, 2010

What We've Been Doing This Summer

"How's your summer been?"

It's a commonly asked question. I often reply that ours has been good if you don't mind living at the gym. Between my coaching and Alyssa's training, we spend nearly half of every day in our second home.

Here's Alyssa getting some one-on-one attention from her amazing Chinese coach, Tia:


Here's a tiny peek at some other tricks Alyssa's been up to. (Bars is her favorite event.) Sorry that you'll have to crank your neck to view the first video. I forgot that you can't rotate video.



These are giants with Coach Brad--she won't compete these until level 7.



This is a flyaway, her level 6 dismount. Only 5 weeks until the first meet.

It's really not the only thing we've done this summer. We've found time for other fun stuff, too. But Alyssa truly loves to be in the gym, even if it does mean that's how the majority of her summer is spent.

4 comments:

Granny said...

Looking good Lys! Those giants and your fly away are really getting good. Way to go! I miss watching you work out.

jenny said...

I think it's so great she has found something that she loves!!

Jen Childers said...

Wow! I can't believe how good she is...so amazing!

Sara said...

I can't wait to watch her in the olympics and be able to say, "I know that girl!" Very talented!