Thursday, June 24, 2010

Caleb's Big Adventure

Caleb really wanted me to tell you about his big adventure. I guess it was a pretty big deal in the life of an eleven-year-old boy.

It wasn't just any father and son outing to the Mariner's game. It involved a solo train ride into the city and a double bobblehead that is sure to become a collector's item.

He wasn't at all nervous to board the train all by himself. But I was. We brought out the ol' stranger danger talk which I'm sure sounded like, "blah, blah, blah, blah" in his ears. I gave him my phone and Jon talked to him several times throughout the 35 minute ride.


Off he goes...


He, of course, made it just fine. Jon was waiting for him at the downtown station.

This is the face of contentment. What more could this avid sports fan want?


The Mariner's won, too!

5 comments:

Erin said...

Awww, such a big boy. I have to admit that the picture of the train pulling away with Caleb on it made me a little teary. Must be the hormones! :)

What a fun adventure!

Jen Childers said...

That is a big adventure! I'm glad it was a fun experience. What a great thing for Caleb to be able to do! Go Mariners!

Amy Jones said...

How FUN! One of these days I'm going to make it to a Mariners game. So much fun!

I'm glad everything went well...it's way to hard to watch your kids grow up, isn't it?

Chad said...

Awesome!! Amy and I got to go to a Dodgers vs. Angels game in Anaheim last night! Fun stuff! Good job CJ!

Granny said...

Way to go Caleb! What a fun adventure. I can't wait to see your bobblehead. I'm so glad the M's won for you.