Friday, August 7, 2009

Free Night at the Museum

Last night, Seattle's Museum of Flight offered free admission. We decided it would be worth our while to take advantage of the opportunity. On our way, we stopped at IKEA for dinner because kids are currently eating free. Three free kid meals and five free museum admissions. Can't beat free!

I'm not sure what Natalie was expecting, but shortly after stepping into the entrance of the museum she declared, "Mom, this is not fun! This is just looking at things!"

Once we made our way to the children's area, she was a little more content.

We stood in line, with all the other local mooches, for the kids to take their turn sitting in the various aircraft.



The World War I/World War II wing was particularly interesting to me. I was fascinated by the history.

The kids liked trying the biplane simulator. They're terrible pilots.

Once we got home, I was anxious to get the kids in bed. It was already late so I bribed them, as all stellar mothers do, to have their rooms picked up and be asleep in 30 minutes. Their reward? To go out to lunch today after gymnastics.

They may have been slightly outside the 30 minute window, but I decided they'd put in the necessary effort to earn today's reward. And what was the best part about lunch? It was free! Well, technically Grandma paid but since we used McDonald's gift cards, it was free to us.

On a side note: Did I just happen into an unsually "classy" McDonald's or do all their restaurants currently play classical music while all female employees (not just the managers) are dressed in skirts? I mean, I'm a former employee myself and I know I never had to wear a skirt and I'm positive we didn't have classical music to soothe our customers. I was beginning to wonder if my leotard-clad daughters were grossly underdressed. Maybe it's that new Angus beef and fancy coffees they're serving now?

The museum was fun. Should we try the free bowling tonight? Oh wait, we have some free Mariners tickets to use. I guess the bowling will have to wait.

7 comments:

Chad said...

What fun! Where is my free Mariners ticket? Jealous!

KmCaCFamilyof5 said...

Wow, that's a lot of FREE! Sounds like a fun couple of days.

Erin said...

Gotta love free! Natalie's reaction is the best!

Jen Childers said...

I think my boys would have loved that museum...and anything free is definitely worth at least looking at:) I haven't been in a McDonalds for quite awhile, so am no help in the classical music/skirt wearing thing. Maybe I'll have to check in out!

Granny said...

Way to go! Free stuff and fun times.

jenny said...

There is nothing better than free events. Total score on the outing!

Tammy said...

How fun! I was too chicken to go--I thought it would be too crowded/noisy. Which McDonald's did you go to? The one in Edgewood/Milton has their female employees wear skirts and pantyhose. Weird! But it's the cleanest McDonald's I've ever been to.