Sunday, August 23, 2009

Are You Ready For Some Football?

It was our first real splurge since Jon started working again back in May. But Saturday NFL games don't come around too often so it was an opportunity we couldn't refuse. Caleb was insanely jealous of our lower-level seats on the 20 yard line but this was an outing for just us two.


The view from our seats.

Blitz

I took this picture for Caleb. It is a display of all the high school football teams in the state of Washington. Pretty cool. I'll admit that I had to use the key to find my Alma Mater. But in my defense, the helmet has change since I was there.

The Seahawks do a great job with all the pre-game hoopla. Each player makes an individual grand entrance through the gate and under a shower of fireworks. So fun and exciting.

I sure love my football! I don't even feel out of place in the NFL stadium where I'm convinced the man to woman ratio is 4:1. For me, it was as ideal as any date night could be.

Now bring on those Cougs! Only 13 days to go--but who's counting?

12 comments:

KmCaCFamilyof5 said...

I'm so glad you guys had fun! GREAT seats... and I know just how much of a splurge those are because we have sat in that area once before. And what a great game you guys saw!! Love the Tatupu jersey! He's one of my favorite players!

KmCaCFamilyof5 said...

Oh... and YES!!! I'm ready for some football :) !!!

Lucy said...

Looks so fun. And Sa-weet seats!

Chad said...

I am with Caleb, JEALOUS!! But I am sooooo ready for Cougar Football! September 5th can't come fast enough! Let's beat those Sooners!!

Granny said...

Way to score on the great seats, Jon! What a fun date...gotta love football. Go Hawks, Go Cougs!!!!!!

Emily said...

Fun!

Jen Childers said...

Looks fun! Go SEAHAWKS:)

Ben and Carrie said...

Well, as announced in Relief Society, I'm sure glad you guys have season tickets so you can enjoy fun like this OFTEN this season. If Jon needs someone to fill in for him as Bishop on all the Sunday games, let us know.... :) ha ha

What fun! That is one of my goals in life still- to go to an NFL game. The opportunity just doesn't come often with all the Sunday games, but I'll make it someday. Glad you had a great time.

Holly said...

Wow, can it really be that time of year already. I was just getting used to the fact that it's already August.

Looks like a fun time.

And the new pictures of the kids & family are great!

Shad and Krista McOmber said...

Oh man, Shad and I are SO SO SO excited for Cougar football, I can't even stand it!! This is going to be a great year, I can feel it. Bring it on. YAY!

Sara said...

Actually, my husband is counting. He reminds me at least daily of how many days until BYU's first game. Then he adds, "...even though they're going to lose by about 50 points:) He's got a lot of confidence in his team, wouldn't you agree.

Camille said...

Yahoo! Can't wait to watch those cougs with you guys!