Friday, June 19, 2009

The Forbidden Fruit

I’ve been making a lot of strawberry bouquets. With so many people to thank for helping me with childcare, teacher gifts and other recognitions, I think I’ve made at least 11 of them.

The other day as I dipped strawberries, I had to swat Alyssa’s hand from the chocolate. The tray of ripe red fruit draped in smooth milk chocolate was just at her eye level. She salivated. She placed her hand on her tummy and whispered, “I’m so tempted.”

I had to give in. I know just how those temptations feel. I couldn’t deny her the joy of chocolate dipped strawberries.

I didn’t capture her enjoying her strawberry but I did get a quick picture of Natalie’s chocolate-covered face.


Too bad I didn’t have time to do her hair.

6 comments:

Erin said...

Wow, I'd be happy to watch your kids if that's what I get in return! Those look amazing!

Camille said...

Who can resist chocolate covered strawberries. mmmmm. What a cute idea.

Emily said...

I love that idea! So cute.

Sara said...

Wow! Can I have one? I've been your friend for 15 years now. That ought to count for something.
By the way, I called a couple of weeks ago just to chat, but it sounds like you have a pretty busy schedule. I'll try again now that things may be slowing down a little for you.

Lucy said...

You come up with the cutest things ever. Those dipped strawberries all arranged like that are adorable. I bet the teachers loved them.

Amy Jones said...

I am (and will be) forever in awe of your creativity and style. I'm thinking that you need to market those for the rest of us uncreative types. LOVE IT!

I also love the chocolate-slathered face. Temptation is tough.