Sunday, July 22, 2007

Nine is Fine!

It's so cliche but true--time flies! How can my baby boy be nine? That sounds so old! I'm in denial.

We told Caleb he could choose a fun outing for his birthday and invite his two best friends, Mason and Landon. He really wanted to include his pseudo-little brother, Hunter, so we decided to make it a family affair; a bowling party for all ages!

The birthday boy with some of his favorite people!
Mason, Caleb, Hunter and Landon

Caleb's relies less and less on the bumpers!

Happy Birthday boy!

Lydia, Alyssa and Linsey

The sisters were thrilled to be included in the birthday fun. We had a boy's lane, a girl's lane and an adult lane. It was fun for everyone. Despite my bumbling form (there is a reason for those "don't cross the foul line" warnings, the other side of that line is slick!), I managed to come out the overall winner. Now that's my kind of birthday party!

Caleb chose pizza for dinner and Dominoes delivered the goods just minutes after we got home from the bowling alley. The DQ ice cream cake proved perfect for our ice cream-loving boy! We bought an undecorated cake and I did the decorating to create the bowling cake Caleb invisioned.

We've been using a ticket system as a means to limit both TV and Wii time this summer. Caleb's first gift of the day was a certificate stating that he could have unlimited use of the Wii and he also got nine "free" tickets which have been used today.


Opening presents. He was thrilled with all of his gifts!

At the end of the day, as he devoured his pizza, Caleb called for the attention of all his friends and thanked them sincerely for helping him celebrate his special day. He is such a fun boy with a big heart! If the next nine years go as quickly as the last, I'll be the mother of a college student before I know it!

9 comments:

Emily said...

Happy Birthday, Caleb! Looked like a fun party and what a great job you did on the cake, Tara!
I can't believe our boys are 9 either!!

Erin said...

So Cute! I'm glad Caleb had such a fun day!

Heather said...

Good Job on the cake! Looks like you had a great time! Happy Birthday Caleb.

Granny said...

Caleb, I am so glad your birthday turned out just the way you wanted! We had so much fun being with you. You are such a good boy, and deserve a great birthday.

Jen Childers said...

I love the cake...you did a great job! It looks like a super fun birthday. I'm glad he had a great day!

Jackie said...

Looks like Caleb had a great party!
You did a good job with the cake, it's really cute.

jenny said...

I still remember when Caleb wasn't even thought about....remember noon time :)

Anyways, glad he had a great birthday. Happy Birthday to BIG Caleb!

Lucy said...

Happy Belated Birthday Caleb! I can't believe he is nine either! We're getting old!

Tara, your cakes keep getting better and better. I'm impressed with each theme you come up with.

I'm glad you all had a great day. He is such a great, great kid.

Jenn said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CALEB!