Wednesday, March 21, 2007

What Can Brown Do For You?

I've worn this shirt four out of the last six days! Not because it is high style and flattering, only because I've got a duty to do. I've had pack meeting, where three of my boys earned their Arrow of Light, a hike, a visit to a boy scout troop meeting and then our regular den meeting today. I truly enjoy scouting and have lots of fun with those crazy boys, even if it does require wearing a dreadful brown shirt!

The trusty brown shirt!


Here's Zac testing the block and tackle we made for our engineer badge. They each finished the requirements for this badge today, yea!!


5 of the 6 six boys that I currently have. At one point I had 9!

Caleb loves that I wear a uniform just like him. At what point will I become an embarrassment instead of a source of pride? I'll just enjoy his enthusiasm while it lasts. As for other adults, I wish I had a dollar for every sarcastic "nice shirt" comment I've received! I even had to wear it into Sam's the other day. We were on the way to pack meeting and I had to pick up a cake to take with us. It wasn't until I was getting out of the car at Sam's that I realized in horror that I had not brought anything to cover all my brown glory! It was a very warm day and we left the house in such a rush, as always, that I didn't grab a jacket or have the foresight to bring a different shirt with me. Oh well!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know how I feel about uniforms!
Especially Scout ones. Congratulations on helping your boys achieve their Arrow of Light.

You're a great leader!

(You could have worn Yellow, like me and Erin.)

Tara said...

Yeah, I know the yellow is an option but I thought it was actually more dreadful than the brown. And, I thought that maybe I could pass my brown shirt on to Caleb someday!

Erin said...

Embrace your brown-hood!

We used to go to Subway after every den meeting. Trust me, I know the feeling of "sticking out" in all your Cub Glory! Spencer still has a few issues and often takes a shirt to change in to if we are going somewhere. After awhile, I found that I could have cared less!

Jen Childers said...

I think you look great. I'm sure I'll be in Scouts one of these days and will be calling you for ideas! I can't wait for Ansel to start:)

Jay said...

At least you wear the uniform. Most of the leaders I've met absolutely refuse to wear it. How can you expect the boys to wear it if the leaders on't. Oh, I miss cub scouts. I do get to help out with the pinewood derby next week:)

Bridget said...

I dread the day my kids are embarrassed of me. I know it will happen though. Good for you for being the leader. Caleb will remember that later on in life.

jenny said...

Next time just hold up the scout fingers and say scouts honor. That is what I would do. We will be approaching weeblos in less than a year--so crazy how time flies.

Emily said...

Brendan's shirt is brown too. You can match him! I think your scouts are lucky to have you as a leader :)

Lucy said...

I agree that your scouts are lucky to have you. I hope that when the day comes that my boys are in scouts and I am the leader (which is inevitable) that I have the pride and grace to wear the brown. Good for you.