Sunday, January 28, 2007

My 8 dollar mistake...

So yesterday we wanted to go down to the South Hill Mall to look at some things (mostly Tara wanted to shop). Caleb and Alyssa absolutely abhor shopping and the mention of it usually throws them into tizzy fits. The only way we could get them to go (peacefully) was if I took them to Toy's R Us. I told them I wasn't buying any toys for them, but if they wanted to use their own money we could look for something in their price range. (Alyssa had 8 dollars, Caleb 9 dollars). Tara's shopping schedule did not include Toy's R Us, so I decided to drop her off at the main mall and I would take the kids across the street to the toy store. Natalie, never wanting to be left behind, started yelling "I wun out"... so to comply with her desire and I am thinking... hey this will be easier with just the two older kids I let Tara take Natalie.

This was the beginning of my 8 dollar mistake.

You see Alyssa and Caleb looked all over the store... most items I had to say, "nope not in your price range." Alyssa finally found her item. A toy baby stroller and it was only $7.99. She said "Dad, I can buy this and still have a dollar left!" I had to explain to her that with sales tax the total would just over 8 dollars but that I would loan her the .36 cents in order to purchase the stroller. She was excited and couldn't wait to start playing with it as soon as we got home.

We got home, and I soon realized my 8 dollar mistake. No it wasn't that I allowed Alyssa to get a new toy. It was that I failed to get Natalie the same toy.


Natalie and Alyssa giving me a headache!


We've hardly had a moments peace since bringing home the stroller.
If I had only taken Natalie, I would have known to get two!


Ah... love at home


I think we will make another trip to Toy's R Us just to keep the peace in the house!
I guess we need to teach our almost two year old the concept of sharing. Pictures cannot express the constant running and screaming that this toy has caused.

9 comments:

Lucy said...

Hilarous. We know all about getting duplicates. Soon to be triplicates I'm sure. Nice pictures. Natalie looks quite pleased with herself on the second one.

jenny said...

That is pretty funny. Couldn't you have taught her the principal of earning her own money? Come on!

I guess that is why we have three of the same thing too--sheesh!

Emily said...

At least she can enjoy it alone for the few hours Alyssa is at school? Btw, that has to be one of Erin's most heard phrases, "he's not sharing!" :)

Bridget said...

Your Natalie looks alot like my Alex. How old is she? Those strollers on tile floor drive me crazy! :)

Jen Childers said...

Yes...it always seems that the youngest know how to throw the biggest fits to get what they want. What a fun toy though:)

Anonymous said...

Oh, the joys of parenting. I miss it.

Bridget said...

Alex was 2 on August 13th. They are too cute!!!

Anonymous said...

All I can do is giggle!

Anonymous said...

Jon,

I think I remember someone constantly having screaming tantrums in a certain white house with a green door in Provo. I think I know where your daughter gets it.

-Doug