Thursday, January 11, 2007

101 Things About Me (Jon)

1. I never thought I would have a blog.

2. I speak 3 languages... 2 of which probably not so fluently anymore.. (Spanish, K'ekchi')

3. When filling out my mission papers, I specifcally rated myself so I would not be sent somewhere I would have to learn a new language...

4. I have 3 beautiful children. A boy, Caleb and two girls, Alyssa and Natalie.

5. I weigh over 300 pounds but at one point in my adult life I only weighed 150.

6. I used to drink at least 64 ounces or more of Coca Cola every day.

7. I have tried again like dieting to give it up. Seems to be my vice.


8. I wish I were more of a handy-man.

9. I am a software developer and have never taken any formal training.

10. My favorite football teams are:
College: BYU Cougars
Pro: Seattle Seahawks

11. I have 5 sisters and no brothers.

12. I don't think I will make it to 101 things about myself.

13. My favorite TV show is 24, thanks to my bro-in-law Jay who introduced the show to me.

14. My favorite person in the whole wide world is my wife, Tara.

15. My favorite color is blue.

16. I own more than one brown plaid shirt.

17. I prefer name brand clothing.

18. My favorite band growing up was Van Halen. However, I don't think I'd go to a show of theirs if they went on tour. (They are now going on tour and yes I am going...)

19. I don't think I'll ever go to a rock-n-roll show again. ( Again going to Van Halen. Just couldn't pass up the opportunity to see David Lee Roth and Eddie Van Halen perform together again.)

20. I was told I was too small to play football in high school.

21. I was cut from the freshman boys basketball team and never tried out for another team sport.

22. I had a mullet in high school and wore a pink lavendar sport coat in my senior picture.

23. I named my second daughter Alyssa out of spite... (most everyone wanted the other name, Mallory)

24. I love my 37" widescreen LCD HDTV.

25. I work for
WaMu

26. So far this has taken me two days to get this far.

27. I would love to live in North Bend, WA. (Actually I don't really care where I live as long as I have my beautiful wife and kids with me)

28. My son knows more sports trivia than I do.

29. I can never remember the proper use of lay and lie. (I lay down, I lie down both sound good to me)

30. My best friend moved away when I was in the 3rd grade. I've only spoken to him a few times since.

31. If it weren't for my wife, we would not be a Christmas card family...I've never written the Christmas letter.

32. I can't wait to get the new
iPhone! (not gonna happen)

33. I have had 1 failed PRK eye surgery, and 1 PRK enhancement surgery still waiting the outcome... (so far not so good)
(failed twice, never to do again.)

34. I am a Tetris playing champion--I hold all of the high scores on our HOA website.

35. I've used Just For Men hair product 3 times.

36. Even though Tara takes much better care of her teeth than I do, I alway get the glowing report when we go to the dentist, who tells me I have teeth that will last me until I am 200 years old.

37. I often buy Christmas presents for myself. (Usually the electronic gadgets Tara thinks I don't need)

38. One such gift was a video Ipod, which I loved until Natalie put it in the toilet.

39. I coined the acronym "U.N.C.C". (unnecessary chit-chat)

40. I've never liked Star Trek.

41. I commute by train to work most every day. (30 min each way)

42. I love to watch Seinfeld reruns.

43. I broke the shoulder of one of my good friends while playing tackle football, (he tackled me).

44. My current church calling is as a High Councilor.

45. I have tried to complete this post for a week now.

46. I've been deer hunting one time in my life... didn't get anything.

47. I've never seen Mt. Rushmore.

48. I've been to Disneyland twice.

49. I have a fear of running out of milk on Sundays. I always check the fridge on Saturdays to ensure our milk supply is adequate.

50. I am really hard to offend.

51. My wife says I'm romantic.

52. It has been my experience that everything I buy that requires assembly, I always have to re-do a step or two a couple of times.

53. I have hurty heels. That is what my wife calls my calloused heels.

54. I drive a red ford ranger, with a rebuild title.

55. It's much better than the Saturn that was totalled when someone hit me head on.

56. I met my wife while studing "abroad" in Guatemala.

57. I was married in the Portland LDS temple.

58. I stayed in a hotel room with my wife, mother-in-law and sister-in-law on my one year anniversary.

59. I am not an eagle scout.

60. My favorite movie in high scool was "Strange Brew". Good day, and welcome to my blog eh?

61. My best friend in high school is named Brij.

62. I have a very small backyard.

63. I'm really ok with that.

64. I have purchased Thai Silk curtains from Restoration Hardware that cost more than I paid to have all of my children delivered at a hospital (combined).

65. I have had glass from a windshield removed from my forehead 3 times (all from the same accident).

66. I like to collect coins.

67. My favorite desset is Vanilla Bean cheesecake.

68. It has taken me now nearly 4 months to get this far on this list.

69. I like tabasco sauce.

70. I would love a hot tub.

71. I don't wear a wedding ring. Just don't like the feel of it.

72. I don't wear a wristwatch. See above.

73. I am really trying to think of something, but nothing is coming to my mind.

74. I would like to go to a NASCAR event at some point in my life.

75. I still have my appendix.

76. I like to watch American Chopper.

77. When I was a kid I liked to read history of the Old West. Crazy Horse was my hero.

78. I work on the 39th floor in the new WaMu Center in downtown Seattle.

79. I don't aspire to run a marathon.

80. Or climb Mt Rainier.

81. I usually do the dishes at dinnertime.

82. I never scrub the toilets, but I will give it a quick wipe down when splatter happens.

83. My wife thinks number 82 is false.. the part about the wipe down.

84. My favoire chocolate bar is the Hershey's Symphony milk chocolate bar.

85. Whenever possible I will choose to substitue onion rings for french fries.

86. I was married by an astronaut.

87. I was married in Portland Oregon.

88. I didn't return to Portland until 10 years later.

89. I bought my wifes wedding ring in Mesa, Arizona while attending Doug and Jenny's wedding.

90. My favorite cold cereal is Wheat Chex.

91. My favorite vegetable is celery.

92. My favorite fruit is banana.

93. Someday I would like to travel around the country with my wife in a RV.

94. She would sleep the entire time. (she falls asleep the second she starts travelling in a car.)

95. I would also like to follow in my parents footsteps and server a mission with Tara.

96. I think the wireless remote TV control is one of the greatest inventions ever...

97. A DVR is up there as well.

98. If you made it this far, I congratulate you on reading 98 things about me. Are you wondering why you did it?

99. I am.

100. I can't waterski.

101. I can't think of anything else to put on this list.

102. I love my wife more than anything in this world. I am not the easiest person to live with and she completes me. Thank you my love.

5 comments:

Lucy said...

Why is this hidden on the side? I never saw it published. All that work, all that time....you got to let this baby shine!

I love all 101 things. You really are truly such a great brother and friend. Lucky me.

Erin said...

Love the list...although I don't remember being in a hotel with all of you on your 1st anniversary.

Anyway, at some points I was laughing so hard I was crying!

Camille said...

Good for you Jon...I think it would take me months to come up with 101 things about myself. It was fun to read. You forgot to mention somewhere in there that you really have great neighbors! That could be #102. #103 could be that you do a great Elvis impersonation!

Jen Childers said...

O.k. I check your guys' blog daily and just noticed this! Good for you for doing it. I think it would take me just as long and probably wouldn't be as interesting! I loved your list...you rock:)

Anonymous said...

I, too, enjoyed your list..and just saw it. Always enjoy reading about you and family.