Friday, April 28, 2017

Take Your Child to Work Day

Emma's parents were out of town on her birthday, so she got to stay the night with us--on a school night!--and go o Seattle with Natalie and Jon for Take Your Child to Work Day.

I hung a birthday banner in her honor, just like I always do for my own kids.


On my way to work, I dropped them off on the corner so they could catch the bus to the train station.


Caleb came with me, which was so much fun. He'd never seen me teach, so it was exciting to have him see what I do everyday. Plus, this is the school where he attended 3rd through 5th grade. His now retired kindergarten teacher was doing a long-term sub job at our school, so he got to see her as well as many other staff members who remembered him, but were stunned at the man he has become in the years since he was in elementary school. Lots and lots of double takes and "Wow! You're so grown up!"

His third grade mile run record still stands!


Natalie and Emma, meanwhile, got to experience the full commuting experience. (Their friend, Zoe, from school is in the background.  She rode the train that day, too.)




The view of the 17th floor observation deck from Dad's office space.


They had lunch at Pike Place Pizza,



 got yogurt from the market and watched how the carts ride their special escalator at the City Target.


I think they'd tell you that riding Wings Over Washington was a highlight of their day.



Dad got a little work in, but the girls had lots of fun and hopefully Emma had a Happy Birthday!

No comments: