Friday, November 4, 2016

Birthday Getaway

For my 40th birthday, Jon rented a small cabin near Mt. Rainier.  We loved it so much, we decided to find another cabin in the woods to celebrate being another year older.  This year, though, we decided to bring the girls along, too.  It is, after all, Alyssa's birthday as well.

The cabin was perfect with a bedroom for the girls, and one with a king bed for us.  It had a hot tub on the back deck and fire pit for s'mores, with the soothing sounds of the river in the background.


Jon found a fishing pole in the cabin, but was unable to get anything to bite.





Papa Murphy's pizzas were followed by s'mores for dessert. I really love me a campfire.




After a relaxing soak in the hot tub, I beat everyone at a game of Settler's.


We slept in late the next morning and made pancakes for breakfast.

This really is my ideal night.  Peaceful, relaxing and such beautiful outdoors.

Happy Birthday to me! (And Alyssa.)

No comments: