Sunday, September 8, 2013

I Love You More Than

We have an ongoing banter at our house than attempts to quantify our love for each other.  It always includes the words, "I love you more than..."  

Jon, being the eternal tease that he is usually finishes his sentence with words like "peanut butter."  This is a joke, of course, because he actually hates peanut butter.  So let's hope he loves us more than that!

One day, I came across this adorable decorative block that allows us to write in our completions to the sentence we frequently use.  It was perfect for our family.

We take turns adding our words and then we can erase them and start all over.


One day, I noticed Alyssa had written "gymnastics."  Whoa!  That's a good one.  'Cause she really loves gymnastics.  It stands to reason, however, that she would love us more.  I wanted to come up an equally good answer.  Knowing how much our family loves the Cougars, I decided to write "BYU."

Sometime thereafter, Caleb noticed my addition.  

"What??!!?"  He shouted with a tone of complete disgust.

"WHO wrote this?" he demanded to know.

"Well, Caleb, don't you love our family more than BYU?" I asked.

He stammered a bit and then said, "Well, I'm not saying I love BYU more, but they're probably about the same."

So there you have it.  That's how much he loves BYU.  And his family.  We're about the same.

5 comments:

Jen Childers said...

Figures. AT least he's honest! Love him!! Cute block :)

Granny said...

Cute. I love that.

Lucy said...

Awesome story and really cute block!

Shad and Krista McOmber said...

Oh man, that Caleb seriously cracks me up! I love, love, LOVE his honest and true devotion to the cougars! :) (We should get together for a game this year! Shad has been dying to watch with some other hardcore fans!)

Stephanie said...

He is so fun, I miss that boy! I have to tell you I think about your family and particularly him almost everywhere I go. With BYU stuff everywhere I said the other day, I wish it was Caleb's birthday it would be so easy to shop for him. So if you ever need anything, let me know.