Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Fourth of July Holiday



Our Fourth of July had all the essentials: food, fireworks, family and fun.

After breakfast in Yakima with my family, we headed to the Tri-Cities.  Some friends of the Childers family invited us over for some swimming and a BBQ.  The kids had a blast in the pool.




Aren't little goggle eyes the cutest?  I loved watching Henry and Sadie dive.




My nephew Daniel is cuddly, sweet and adorable.




What's a party for America without sparklers?



Christopher put on a great display of fireworks.  It reminded me of my childhood when my parents ran a fireworks booth every Fourth of July.  I never did like those Piccolo Petes with that high pitched whistle.


Look at Owen cheering the explosion:


The Childers' friends shared their tradition of glow sticks and ring pops.  Fun!



That night the kids decided they wanted to sleep outside.  It was so much fun that they wanted to do it again the next night.  Only someone forgot to turn off the automatic sprinkler system the second night...


There was lots of great cousin time.  Basketball, Wii, secret meetings in the tree fort and Nerf gun wars.  Boy stuff, you know.




After saying good-bye to Lucy and her boys on Saturday, we went to the river for some fishing and kayaking. The fish were on to us, lots of them jumping but none of them biting.










Then we headed back to Yakima where my parents treated us to a night out at the theater.  After church and a yummy steak dinner, it was finally time to get on the road.  Alyssa crashed almost as soon as she buckled her seatbelt.  Proof that we played hard.

 

Happy Birthday, America!

4 comments:

Jen Childers said...

I'm so glad you guys came for the weekend! It was super fun and I love all the great pics you got!

Camille said...

What a great weekend! That kayaking looks like a blast!

Granny said...

Loved having you here.

Lucy said...

I'm so glad you came over so I could see you all. It was a great fourth for sure!