Sunday, July 21, 2013

Caleb Turns Fifteen



It may be that having a 15-year-old makes me feel old.  It may be that I'm in denial that he could be on a mission in three short years.  Or it may be that I'm baffled by how quickly 15 years passes.  Whatever the reason, this birthday has been a hard one for me to accept.  I just can't wrap my head around my first-born being 15. 

 But he is.

His birthday celebration was perfect.  We started with his favorite breakfast--french toast and bacon--served at a BYU-decorated table.


Then he and his friends headed to a fun center for some go-karts, mini golf and batting cages.







All that fun worked up an appetite for pizza, gatorade and DQ ice cream cake served on BYU plates.


I bought a plain DQ cake and added the Y.

The boys then played Wii Party for several hours before making their way to the park for some basketball.

We ended the day at Caleb's favorite restaurant, BJ's.  He ordered his usual--chicken fingers with shoestring potatoes and a pizookie for desert.


Happy Birthday, big boy!

6 comments:

Lucy said...

Happy Birthday, Caleb!!!

Erin said...

Him being 15 really weirds me out too! Looks like such a fun celebration. Happy Birthday, Caleb!

Erin said...

Him being 15 really weirds me out too! Looks like such a fun celebration. Happy Birthday, Caleb!

Jen Childers said...

What a fun birthday day! Looks like perfection. Happy Birthday Caleb!

Michelle said...

What a fun celebration! Happy Birthday Caleb!

SuburbiaMom said...

You don't want to hear it--but he is really growing! Tell the kids to stop!