Friday, June 21, 2013

What a Month!

Today we officially welcome summer and come to the close of a very full month.  

At the beginning of the month, Jon and I celebrated 17 amazing years of marriage.  Seriously, how did I get so lucky?  Jon expressed his love with flowers and steak.  Perfect.  It was a fancy meal for just us two and I've been enjoying the flowers all month long.


I worked literally every school day except for two: the field trip to the zoo and field day.  On those days I got to just be a parent.

I sure had fun chaperoning this group at the zoo:



Natty, Chloe and Emma


The girls with the fabulous Mrs. Miller

We enjoyed end-of-the-year concerts for Caleb's choir and Alyssa's orchestra.  I'm continually impressed by the music programs in our school district.  They really do a phenomenal job.

Caleb later had a choir banquet where he was awarded two awards: "most likely to sing in the shower" and "best facial expressions."  Funny, right?  He even got a loofah and a mask to go with the certificates.


Caleb and I supported his cross country team's fundraiser, "Beat the Raven."  It's a 5K fun run where you try to beat the school's mascot.  Caleb did well--especially considering he has run so little since last fall's cross country season--earning fourth in his age division.  I placed first in my age division but don't go congratulating me, I really wasn't all that fast.  It was a small race.  (Caleb was A LOT faster than me! )


Natalie's field day--which was also wacky hair day--was lots of fun and the weather was picture perfect.  SubZero did a great demonstration which ended with ice cream for all of the kids.


I love spending the day with this one:



After another great school year, it was finally time to say goodbye.

Nat was so lucky to have Mrs. Miller for two years.  And this year was extra special since her closest friends were also in her class.


Caleb (and his parents) survived another round of semester finals and Alyssa was actually sad to see her first year of middle school come to an end.  The kids sure are growing up fast!

As if all of that excitement weren't enough, at the beginning of the month I was approached about a part-time teaching position and was encouraged to apply.  After careful consideration, I decided to complete the application process and have been blessed by amazing support from school staff.  

Today I interview at the district office.  I haven't been this nervous in a long time.

See what I mean?  It's been quite the month.

5 comments:

Jen Childers said...

Wow! That is so awesome! All of it, but really the part about you interviewing for a part time teaching job. The world could use more phenomenal teachers such as yourself! Love all the pics. Welcome to summer!

Chad said...

Looks like a great end to the year!

Michelle said...

Keep us posted on the part time job! How exciting... I'm positive you'll be the best candidate!

Did you go to El Gaucho for your Anniversary? :)

Hard to believe another school year has come and gone. It goes so fast, and each year seems to go faster then the last.

Camille said...

Yes it has been quite the month. Let the summer fun begin! I loved all your fun pictures. I stole a couple, hope you don't mind.

Melissa said...

That is a busy month! I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you and the job, I hope it works out!