Sunday, June 2, 2013

Green River Marathon


Caleb participated in his first marathon--relay style.  The Green River Marathon is a small race with a relay option and runners can participate free of charge.  Some friends from the ward put together a couple of teams--a girl's team, a boy's team and a couple of dads who each ran a half.


Left to Right: Zeke, Connor, Ben, Landon, Caleb, Mason, Steve, Emma, Barb, Abby, Alyse and Brandon.


Jon was the designated driver of the boy's team.  He made sure the boys were at each of the exchanges.  Here's Caleb getting ready for his 5.7 mile leg:



The exchange between Caleb and Landon:


Off he goes:


Jon said most of the route is run along the Green River Trail but Caleb got the leg that took him right thru the "hood."

(I didn't get to go watch and cheer the runners on.  I was busy being a substitute coach at the gym.)




Caleb passed the watch--instead of a baton?--to Mason and then lay down to rest.  He did next to no training for this race and his shoes were a half-size too small--I'm telling you, we can't keep up with his growth!--but he still did great.






It was fun for all of the kids and I'm glad they got the opportunity to participate.

Almost makes me want to get myself in shape to run a race of my own...

7 comments:

Jen Childers said...

Way to go Caleb! That's looks like a fun way for him to spend the day :)

Granny said...

Nice job Caleb! You guys look great.

Erin said...

Awesome! You were born to run, Caleb!

And Tara, with all the running you do, I'm quite sure you wouldn't need to "get in shape" to run a race!

SuburbiaMom said...

Looks like fun!

Camille said...

Fun! This makes me want to do a race. It's been too long.

Chad said...

Great job CJ!!

Craythorn Family said...

I admire Caleb. What a great accomplishment!