Sunday, August 21, 2011

Unassisted Teen

Caleb was thrilled to receive the invitation to spend a week with his Tri-Cities cousins. They certainly occupy a spot on his short list of favorite people. We just needed to figure out how to get him there.  After considering several options, flying seemed the best way to accomodate our schedule.



He was so excited to fly alone.  An unassisted teen, as they call it.


Off he goes!  Make sure you get on the right plane, Caleb! (With these small planes, once walk through the main gate, it separates into many other gates.)



He arrived safe and sound with his only complaint being that the 30 minute flight was too short.  He did tell us that he almost went through the wrong door and would've ended up in Missoula.  Guess he would've been spending a week with Grandma and Grandpa instead. :)

We miss him but have no doubt that he'll have the time of his life.

6 comments:

Jen Childers said...

So far so good and we are thrilled to have him for the week! :)

Emily said...

So fun! I flew solo once when I was 12- they called me an unaccompanied minor back then and I remember being locked into a "VIP" room. I thought I was all that :)

Lucy said...

How exciting! I bet the boys have a blast this week.

SuburbiaMom said...

I remember flying without assistance at age 12--it makes you feel so grown up! Go, Caleb!

Erin said...

What a super fun adventure!

Craythorn Family said...

I flew to California by myself when I was 14 to visit my aunt. It was a fun experience. This will be a good growing experience for Caleb!